Memorial Day~ To those who have served

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
I just wanted to thank those of our board members who have served in the armed forces and those who continue to do so.

My heart goes out to the families with their sons and daughters, husbands and wifes, sisters and brothers currently serving in posts overseas.

It is because they stand to post that many find the world a safer place to live and I offer them my heart felt gratitude.

So, let's raise a glass and thank those who serve, those who have served before and to those who will take their place.

*here's to you*

God bless you!

Kim

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here's to all our service men and women, the peace makers as well as the Emt's docs, police and all 1st responders making sure we have a safe a happy Memorial.
Cheers~

ETA: and to their families who so generously share them with the world.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Here's to all our servuce man and womaen, the peace makers as well as the Emt's docs, police and all 1st responders making sure we have a safe a happy Memorial.
Cheers~
Dang woman, put the bottle down before replying. :roll:

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
I posted a thank you and a brief personal tribute on rubbarb's Memorial day thread (er. . .should they be combined?) But I'll say thank you again, because really, it can't be said often enough--on any day of the year.

Thank you!

rubarbb

Serenity
Registered
Reaction score
Cassiopeia, it was an honor to serve my country. This is the greatest country in the world, and our freedom comes at a cost. Many have paid the ultimate price for our freedom. To those I can only say "thank you" and say a silent prayer in there memory.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
What the others have said and my thoughts & prayers go out to everyone who is serving our country and keeping us safe. Thank you!

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Cassiopeia, it was an honor to serve my country. This is the greatest country in the world, and our freedom comes at a cost. Many have paid the ultimate price for our freedom. To those I can only say "thank you" and say a silent prayer in there memory.
My heartfelt thanks to you rubarbb. :Hug2:

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
To my American and coalition friends who I had the pleasure of serving with during the initial ground war Iraq 2003, and in other theatres in times a past, your courage and the times that bound us together as one will always be with me. For those still serving - be strong, be safe.

JJ

Last edited:

kg_crow

Please hold your applause
Registered
Reaction score
Freedom isn't free

Great thanks to Kim for starting this thread, and to all those who have said such nice things.

I, too, had the privilege of serving my country. I volunteered, '69-'72. The Army sent me to Germany. I got to go on a military sponsored tour of Berlin and spent a full day behind The Wall. I wrote about it here.

For those interested, you can read about many of our nation's greatest heroes here.

There's a novel in every citation. Maybe if we learn about real heroes, and the sacrifices they make--and the scars it leaves on them, their families and our nation--we won't be so eager to send our young men and women into the jaws of such horror.

Last edited:

Rich

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
'58 to '60--Germany. Fortunate enough to fall between wars.

We're seldom eager to send our folks to horror. Sometimes reality makes it happen.

And sometimes stupidity.

Rich

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oops. '58 to '61.

The older I get the more forgetful I get.

Gary

Registered
Reaction score
Rich, looks like we're the oldtimers here. USAF 1959-1963, USAFR 1963-1966, 1972-1991

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
66-69. US Army. South Korea. I know. I know. There was another little conflict going on then, but I just went where I was told. Spent the following year in Maine. Someone had to guard the border against those pesky Canadians.