Vacation plans?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I hate these people. They send me these fabulous vacation destinations and I'm stuck in Arizona. I can dream. Where are you folks planning to go for vacation this year. I can live through your experiences.

Geachte heer Campbell,
Voor slechts € 299 boekt u nu last-minute een fly-drive naar het prachtige Sicilië. Liever een stedentrip naar New York, een rondreis naar onder andere Amerika of een andere verre bestemming, een prachtige bus- of autovakantie? Het voordeligste aanbod hebben wij weer voor u op een rijtje gezet.

FRANKRIJK, PARIJSVertrek t/m oktober http://mm.measuremail.com/18/system...9310D333634310D300D38323542304641330D310D0D30

vliegtuig.gif
Nu € 24 korting op alle
vliegreizen Parijs per KLM!
3-daagse vliegreis Parijs
Hotel Belgrand op basis van logies/ontbijt
(Prijs per persoon bij 2 personen per verblijf)
>> Méér over Hotel Belgrand

v.a.€ 207

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Me? I'm moving, so I'm not really going anywhere. I'm going to a movie, then to play billard, drink beer and eat chicken wings with my friends :D How's that for a plan?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Me? I'm moving, so I'm not really going anywhere. I'm going to a movie, then to play billard, drink beer and eat chicken wings with my friends :D How's that for a plan?
That's a nice plan. Where are you moving to?

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Next week, Austria.
June = Scotland with my daughters to celebrate end of school year.
End of June = Rome.
July = moving to Turkey.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Next week, Austria.
June = Scotland with my daughters to celebrate end of school year.
End of June = Rome.
July = moving to Turkey.
Okay, so when can I come be your adopted man-friend? :D You'll love Turkey. Now I'm getting all fidgety just thinking of all the wonderful trips you're going to take. But, I only have to wait another six months before moving again. Maybe Ukraine? Hmmm...I heard Romania is nice too. And the girls.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so when can I come be your adopted man-friend? :D You'll love Turkey. Now I'm getting all fidgety just thinking of all the wonderful trips you're going to take. But, I only have to wait another six months before moving again. Maybe Ukraine? Hmmm...I heard Romania is nice too. And the girls.
Feel free to pm me, or I can send you my email...I'm hunting all info regarding Turkey. So much of it kept hush hush--unless you're a tourist. I can't wait to immerse into the culture. Need to stop procrastinating and pop in cd's to learn basics of the language.
Adopt you anytime....you are loved, son. hehehehe. Yeah...I see that pie you're borrowing from Muse....

k

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
I've told you before about my Pandora mind...so...DETAILS...Ukraine? 6 months? Hmmmm....starting to suspect...nah..nevermind.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Feel free to pm me, or I can send you my email...I'm hunting all info regarding Turkey. So much of it kept hush hush--unless you're a tourist. I can't wait to immerse into the culture. Need to stop procrastinating and pop in cd's to learn basics of the language.
Adopt you anytime....you are loved, son. hehehehe. Yeah...I see that pie you're borrowing from Muse....

k
Turkey is a really friendly country. I drove from one end to the other with my Ukraine girlfirend and her mom. Also took a bus from Istanbul to Marmis with them. Spent enough time there to build some friendships. I think you'll like the people, weather, and lifestyle.

Since you're in Germany now, I'm surprised you haven't just hopped on a Turkish Air flight for a last minute deal.

Toodles

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Turkey is a really friendly country. I drove from one end to the other with my Ukraine girlfirend and her mom. Also took a bus from Istanbul to Marmis with them. Spent enough time there to build some friendships. I think you'll like the people, weather, and lifestyle.

Since you're in Germany now, I'm surprised you haven't just hopped on a Turkish Air flight for a last minute deal.

Toodles

Most people come here and nearly kill themselves seeing everything. Me? I'm only interested in standing in the center of the colliseum, walking along Hadrian's Wall, County Claire (Ireland) and allllllll of Scotland (buying home there). Our getaway is Austria, or the border if you will, a small town called Oberammergau (probably have too many 'm's in there). I love rain, moors, highlands, thunder, wind...a perfect day is to wrap an old plaid around me, raise face into the salty winds, walk the coast of Troon, and watch the sun sink behind the isle of Arran as if to hide from those of us chasing her rays, thinking to capture a moment of warmth. I attempted to purchase a cloak, but ended up resembling a hobbit...the plaid works best.
I've not yet walked the moors of Culloden, but have wanted to get there and see the 'ghosts' I hear so much about. My daughters will have to stay behind on that venture. In June, I'll finally rest my hands upon the standing stones of Arran, the last two attempts ending unsuccessfully when gale force winds and torrental rains beat the island, knocking out all power.
But I believe in forces most scoff at, thus, wonder if those storms weren't because I would have crossed through...well...perhaps we'll continue this another time, a hearth warming our toes, scotch warming our innards, eh? Then we'll swap stories, lad.

k

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Most people come here and nearly kill themselves seeing everything. Me? I'm only interested in standing in the center of the colliseum, walking along Hadrian's Wall, County Claire (Ireland) and allllllll of Scotland (buying home there). Our getaway is Austria, or the border if you will, a small town called Oberammergau (probably have too many 'm's in there). I love rain, moors, highlands, thunder, wind...a perfect day is to wrap an old plaid around me, raise face into the salty winds, walk the coast of Troon, and watch the sun sink behind the isle of Arran as if to hide from those of us chasing her rays, thinking to capture a moment of warmth. I attempted to purchase a cloak, but ended up resembling a hobbit...the plaid works best.
I've not yet walked the moors of Culloden, but have wanted to get there and see the 'ghosts' I hear so much about. My daughters will have to stay behind on that venture. In June, I'll finally rest my hands upon the standing stones of Arran, the last two attempts ending unsuccessfully when gale force winds and torrental rains beat the island, knocking out all power.
But I believe in forces most scoff at, thus, wonder if those storms weren't because I would have crossed through...well...perhaps we'll continue this another time, a hearth warming our toes, scotch warming our innards, eh? Then we'll swap stories, lad.

k
You're a yank, yes? How can you purchase a home in Scotland? I am so envious of you at the moment. I went outside for a smoke, and checked the temp (40 Celsius in the shade) and it's not even mid-day yet.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I'll be down along the Mediterranean: Adana. Been there?
I was in Antalya and Alyana - of course Istanbul several times, Marmis, and the southern coast of Turkey. Haven't been to Adana though. I was kicked out of Turkey once for too much partying. Errr...My UK passport has this big red stamp from Turkey.

Hahahahaha...

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Monterrey. Boring, boring, boring. DF's much more exciting.

Monterrey, Mexico? I assume it's not the one in California. I visited my dad while he worked for a while in Monterrey. It's not so boring. The mountains are nice - there's one shaped like a saddle.

We stayed an a cool hacienda and went horseback riding beside a big reservoir. I can't remember where it was, but I have pictures here somewhere.

Gimme a break - it WAS thirty years ago!

Spooky, trade houses with us. I'll stay in Arizona for two weeks, and you can come to Toronto and take care of the dog.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
I'll probably go camping. Spend a couple days acting homeless. If hubby doesn't step it up at work, perhaps we can arrange a permanent vacation.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Me, NYC in July than scooting over to Tiana Bay -- Hamptons to visit.

Teen has been invited by friends and is going to Las Vegas for a show and flying directly to Hawaii next morn, so I'm taking advantage of first time going somewhere without her. Ohh, I hope I can be strong--my baby soo far away from me... she's always been our shadow.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Spooky, trade houses with us. I'll stay in Arizona for two weeks, and you can come to Toronto and take care of the dog.
I seriously don't think you want to come here during the summer. It's a cool 105 in the shade today.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Yeah, but ya got air conditioning and a pool, right?

Actually, it can get almost as hot here in the summer, except it's a sticky, moist, stinky heat. I'll take dry heat any day.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Uh, Spooky?
It's been awhile since I've really been on boards...but please do tell me that there IS red letters in your signature...specifically spells demenia?

--last time I saw red letters they were all in my thread, Moon Dance, on a full moon back in Oct.

Captain Scarf

Smart-casual Ninja
Registered
Reaction score
I'm off to Paris for a few days this summer. Very touristy I know but I've never been before. Come to think of it I've hardly ever left England. I do know Yorkshire fairly well though.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Monterrey, Mexico? I assume it's not the one in California. I visited my dad while he worked for a while in Monterrey. It's not so boring. The mountains are nice - there's one shaped like a saddle.

Yep, you've got the right Monterrey. But no, it's boring. Or maybe to me. I'm used to so many stuff here that I just won't be able to get there. I mean, bus fares! The maximum bus fare over here is 4.50 pesos. Over there the MINIMUM is 6.50 pesos. Two pesos make a great difference, because here you can cross half the city with two pesos using the subway. The subway in Monterrey barely has 5 stations or something. I'm gonna miss that.