Status
Not open for further replies.

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
If I give somene a rep point, but I make it a comment-free one, does it still show up in their CP?? And with just a blank comment line?

Or does that entire rep point remain invisible to that poster?

The reason I ask is that I have nothing but positive points and ALL of them have nice comments. But I'm getting paranoid about someone somewhere at some point handing me a negative point but just not giving a comment, and thus it's (maybe?) rendering that entire point invisible to me. And so I'd never know.

And twice I have handed out positive points (haven't done any negatives yet actually) and I failed to make a comment to accompany it. So I'm wondering what it looks like in their CP.

And I did learn today how to check the small blank box for the ending tag that reads "reputation_pos.gif" so I do know for a fact that all my VISIBLE points are positive.

Is there such a thing as an "invisible" point?

Last edited:
Reaction score
It shows as a comment-free rep point and you suffer the tenth circle of bannination.

Plot Device

Registered
Reaction score
Website
There--I sent you a rep without comment. What happenened? :D

ETA: er. . .happened

It reads as follows:

Thread........................Date....................Posted By ......... Comment
Comment-less Rep Points ..... 05-25-2007 09:53 PM ... aliajohnson

So the comment line is blank.

Thank you! :cool:

(I'll pay ya back! )

Last edited:

Plot Device

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ah. Neat. I'd wondered before what would happen if someone did that. Now what's this reputation_pos.gif thing?:D

Go to your CP and note the one and only BLANK column on the very far left of all the rep points.

Right click the blank box to the left of any given rep point.

Then click "Properties."

Read the http-line for "properties" and the ending tag should read either "reputation_pos.gif" or (I think??) "reputation_neg.gif" to show you which type of point it is.

And sometimes you don't quite click the correct spot inside the box and you get a bogus reading that has neither a "pos" nor a "neg." Right click it again until you get one that ends with either "pos" or "neg."

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
Go to your CP and note the one and only BLANK column on the very far left of all the rep points.

Then click "Properties."

Read the http-line for "properties" and the ending tag should read either "reputation_pos.gif" or (I think??) "reputation_neg.gif" to show you which type of point it is.

And sometimes you don't quite click the correct spot inside the box and you get a bogus reading that has neither a "pos" nor a "neg." Right click it again until you get one that ends with either "pos" or "neg."

So positve and negative rep points aren't obvious? I figured if I'd gotten a neg rep point it'd be a different color or have an angry label attached to it.

Deleted member 42

If someone gives another member a Rep point, positive or negative, without a Comment, the point still affects the overall total, and still shows the post link the Comment was inspired by, and who the comment is from.

Negative Rep points are a rarity, and well, I'd rather not use them, personally. They're sorta childish really. I have used them a couple of times, but I wouldn't do it now.

It is possible to spot the negative Rep points; I suppose I'd probably add it to the list of stuff to write FAQs about. If you really really gotta know, one way is to turn off Images in your Web browser, then look at your CP, at the Rep points.

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
Snipped...

Is there such a thing as an "invisible" point?

Yes, there is. If you have someone on your 'Ignore' list, the points they have left you will not show up on your Control Panel.

Also, if you have deleted a post which someone has repped you on, the rep point will cease to exist or at least become invisible.

However, to your original question, if a point simply has no remark next to it, it will show up as a point with no remark.

I hope this helps.

:)

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Wow.

Obsessed much, guys?

Scurries off to see if someone repped him.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
um...how does one know if...sniff...one is on an ignore list?

Go to your user CP.

Click Edit Options.

Under "Messaging and Identification" you'll find an option that reads, "Automatically send nasty emails to people who've blocked me on these forums."

Select this. Then tick the box, "Allow me to personalize the email."

Then it'll send you a copy of the email as well, and you can usually divine from the address who's blocked you.

Hope that helps!

God, I'm a prick.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
*stumbles across hidden message in Bartholomew's post #15*

My first ignore list candidate. He he

You're a gnat's dick away from a neg RP bucko :box:

I triple chili-dog-with-hot-fudge-and-marshmallows-slathered-in-cheese dare you.

Bart, who wonders how many calories that would have.

Plot Device

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yes, there is. If you have someone on your 'Ignore' list, the points they have left you will not show up on your Control Panel.

Wow! That's a revelation!

So, if you have a hurtful person on ignore, they can still "hurt" you, and secretly so.

Yikes!

Also, if you have deleted a post which someone has repped you on, the rep point will cease to exist or at least become invisible.

Okay. Sounds like incentive to delete a crappy, uncalled-for and way-out-of-bounds post that twenty people gave you negative points for. ;)

However, to your original question, if a point simply has no remark next to it, it will show up as a point with no remark.

I hope this helps.

:)

Yes, thanks.

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
I've got another rep point question - is there any way to see how many rep points I have given out? Or is that totally lost? Thanks for any responses. Puma

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Then click "Properties."

Not everyone has these things on their computers. I use a Mac and this whole thing doesn't work. And our mouses don't have a right click button.

Status
Not open for further replies.