Reaction score
Title

I

Last edited:

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
I found my first gray hair when I was sixteen. It's progressed to random streaks. I'd cover it, but I also perm for curl, and I doubt it can take both.

threedogpeople

This is my BEST side!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
threedogpeople.blogspot.com
I was looking in the mirror just now, and had a rather interesting shock: at 20 years of age, I'm already getting wrinkles. Extremely pronounced laugh lines and the marked beginnings of crow's feet, to be exact. To be honest, I don't much care--Since I turned 10, I haven't been pretty, and a few wrinkles aren't going to affect much; but it still seems a bit unfair that I should have them so soon. Or is 20 a normal age to start--well, aging?

I would say that it depends on genetics, how much you've been in the sun (unprotected), how stressful your life has been (do you have a chronic illness?) and how much you've abused your bod (smoking, alcohol and/or drugs). I know lots of ladies in their 30s and 40s that look way over 60 because they smoke, drink, and consider a year-round chocolate tan a must-do fashion statement. If you want to look your best at 40, 50 and beyond, you have to start now. Stop smoking (if you do), drink only in moderation and wear sunscreen.

Judy

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking in the mirror just now, and had a rather interesting shock: at 20 years of age, I'm already getting wrinkles. Extremely pronounced laugh lines and the marked beginnings of crow's feet, to be exact. To be honest, I don't much care--Since I turned 10, I haven't been pretty, and a few wrinkles aren't going to affect much; but it still seems a bit unfair that I should have them so soon. Or is 20 a normal age to start--well, aging?

Does it appear to get worse when I call you the 'S' word?

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
I've had smile lines since I was in my early teens, but the crows didn't land until I had four kids.

So, you should be able to fight it unless you're planning on having children.

Backward Masking

Why so serious?
Registered
Reaction score
I've had smile lines since I was in my early teens, but the crows didn't land until I had four kids.

So, you should be able to fight it unless you're planning on having children.

Children do suck the youth out of people.

Elektra

Don't Call Me Sweetheart
Registered
Reaction score
I would say that it depends on genetics, how much you've been in the sun (unprotected), how stressful your life has been (do you have a chronic illness?) and how much you've abused your bod (smoking, alcohol and/or drugs). I know lots of ladies in their 30s and 40s that look way over 60 because they smoke, drink, and consider a year-round chocolate tan a must-do fashion statement. If you want to look your best at 40, 50 and beyond, you have to start now. Stop smoking (if you do), drink only in moderation and wear sunscreen.

Judy

That's the unfair bit! I've never smoked (though both my parents and my brother do), never drunk alcohol, avoid the sun like a vampiress (I have such fair skin that I burn in the car on the way to the store. I wear SPF 45 at all times in the summer). I do, however, have eczema, so maybe that's coming back to bite me some more...

Elektra

Don't Call Me Sweetheart
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to turn into a shriveled up old prune of a woman. Think I could scare small children when I do?

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com

I've had grey hairs since I was 10, and briefly had a grey streak from one temple as a teenager. Aging starts...well...the day you start aging. LOL

I'm starting to get laugh lines and crow's feet - faint, but present. They don't bother me. I'd rather spend my life out GETTING laugh lines and crow's feet than in the bathroom applying chemicals to prevent them.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Elecktra, I bet you are pretty and I have some crow's feet and laugh lines, but then I'm 61! Yikes.

Kentuk

I want to write what I want to write
Registered
Reaction score
Either the spirit wears the body or the body wears the spirit. If you have enthusiasm, charm and intelligence people will like to be around and look at youl.

TrickyFiction

Who?
Registered
Reaction score
I found my first gray hair when I was sixteen. It's progressed to random streaks. I'd cover it, but I also perm for curl, and I doubt it can take both.

No kidding? Ah, that makes me feel better. I found a few lately, and I'm not yet thirty. I panicked. It's a good thing I like to dye my hair, anyway.

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
I noticed laugh lines when I was like ten, probably because I look into the mirror too much, and found a couple of gray hairs this year (I'm seventeen and my mom started going gray...at seventeen...). Basically I'm going to be an old hag within the decade.

Sonneillon

Autophobic Misanthrope
Registered
Reaction score
I'm 23 and still getting carded for R rated movies. Maybe I can trade you a LITTLE of my youthful look for a LITTLE of your mature look, and we can both end up looking our age?

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm 23 and still getting carded for R rated movies. Maybe I can trade you a LITTLE of my youthful look for a LITTLE of your mature look, and we can both end up looking our age?

The best April 1 pranks come the day after. Everyone knows that.

sportacus

Registered
Reaction score
I've never been carded for buying drinks, at bars, clubs, or liquor stores. I'm 19 years old.

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score

As someone here said, we age as we age. Nothing wrong. Just nature. As someone else here said, I'd rather be out there, enjoying life, laughing, than home using some of the countless products that claim to prevent aging. Get yourself a good moisturizer, use it, and forget about getting old. If we're lucky, we all manage to grow old. At 20, be 20. Have a great time. Some people are gray by the time they're 30; some people aren't gray at 50. It's all about those little genes.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've never been carded for buying drinks, at bars, clubs, or liquor stores. I'm 19 years old.
I got carded when I was 52--buying alcohol to be served at my kid's 20th birthday dinner. Something seems amiss here!

Maryn, not complaining