PDA

View Full Version : Cars the Mafia might use

alaskamatt17
05-25-2007, 10:12 AM
What are some makes and models of cars you could envision a Mafia don riding around in? Other than the color, I don't really know anything about these cars, even though I've seen them in movies a lot.

Puma
05-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Hi Matt - Clarify your time period - contemporary or 1930's-40's. There's going to be a big difference in answers depending on your when. Puma

alaskamatt17
05-25-2007, 02:55 PM
Actually, the time period doesn't matter for this story. Just whatever the coolest-looking car is that the Mafia has used any time between now and the '30s. The story isn't set in reality, per se. The character who needs this car just needs it to look cool, stand up to some punishment, and go fast. He's summoning it into a fantasy world.

Susan Breen
05-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Do you ever watch Grand Theft Auto? I'm embarrassed to say that my son does and there seem to be a lot of Mafia cars on that.

Puma
05-26-2007, 12:52 AM
Hi Matt - Take a look at the website Mafiascene.com. They have many, many pages of cars (and look at some of the later pages as well as the early ones). Puma

Silver King
05-26-2007, 01:41 AM
What are some makes and models of cars you could envision a Mafia don riding around in?
Lincoln Continental and just about any Cadillac model.

Plot Device
05-26-2007, 04:57 AM
A chauffer-driven Bentley for a true Don. Or any car with a similarly HUGE GRILL! To me, on some subconscious level, a grill is like a set of teeth. The huger the grill, the more fierce the chops. You can’t have a toothless mafia boss. He’s gotta have teeth like a LION! So make the grill HUGE!!!!

Puma
05-26-2007, 05:18 AM
I agree with Plot Device on the huge grill, especially for an older, true Don. But what would the younger set drive? Black Ferrari? Puma

MajorDrums
05-26-2007, 05:28 AM
The story isn't set in reality, per se. The character who needs this car just needs it to look cool, stand up to some punishment, and go fast. He's summoning it into a fantasy world.

Any car with a huge grill (like the teeth analogy) and a big trunk.:D

Soccer Mom
05-26-2007, 05:49 AM
The modern: Escalade with a big ass grill.
The vintage: Lincoln with a big ass grill.

Silver King
05-26-2007, 06:09 AM
The modern: Escalade with a big ass grill.
The vintage: Lincoln with a big ass grill.
Ah, huh. What the fook is a Bently, anyway? The last name of someone's little sister?

You should've predicated your post with, "I need the name of cars which sound like big, mean wimps; only they have to come from...Europe."

Then we could've suggested the Saab, which looks something like this: :cry:

alaskamatt17
05-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Thanks guys for the suggestions. I like the grill idea, too.