Summarise your favourite books in one sentence...

Reaction score
...but don't give us the title - leave it as a guessing game.

For example you could have this:

A man and a woman living in a garden are deceived by a serpent into eating an apple which sets off a chain of events leading to a really cool guy being nailed to a tree until he dies...or does he?

alaskamatt17

Registered
Reaction score
Alright, you put an s in there. I love that s.

The first one: A child genius on a space station undergoes physical and psychological stress as uncaring adults run him through test after test to see if he's the leader they are looking for.

The second: A lot of people on an island get eaten by "overgrown turkeys" until the military bombs the hell out of it.

The third: The people decide to get eaten on a different island.

The fourth: The Mafia, pirates, the Tower of Babel, cyborg pit-bulls, highway-surfing, Ukrainian nuclear fuzz-grunge, hackers, high-speed pizza delivery, nuclear weapons, viruses, and the baddest son-of-a-mother ever to set foot in a kayak.

The fifth: Some people walk a long ways to throw jewelry into a volcano.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Alright, you put an s in there. I love that s.

The first one: A child genius on a space station undergoes physical and psychological stress as uncaring adults run him through test after test to see if he's the leader they are looking for.

The second: A lot of people on an island get eaten by "overgrown turkeys" until the military bombs the hell out of it.

The third: The people decide to get eaten on a different island.

The fourth: The Mafia, pirates, the Tower of Babel, cyborg pit-bulls, highway-surfing, Ukrainian nuclear fuzz-grunge, hackers, high-speed pizza delivery, nuclear weapons, viruses, and the baddest son-of-a-mother ever to set foot in a kayak.

The fifth: Some people walk a long ways to throw jewelry into a volcano.

1. SW Episode 1?
2. Jurassic Park?
3. Jurassic Park II?
4. I HAVE NO IDEA!
5. Lord of the Rings!

Reaction score
A spoiled young woman marries a succession of men she doesn't love to climb the social and financial ladder while pining for another woman's husband. Eventually she realises she's in love with her own husband, but he gets fed up and leaves her.

The Lady

Critical Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theladywolf.livejournal.com

Enders Game.
No idea about number 4. I'm pretty certain I'd have remembered it If I'd read it.

julief

Hardly here
Registered
Reaction score
A spoiled young woman marries a succession of men she doesn't love to climb the social and financial ladder while pining for another woman's husband. Eventually she realises she's in love with her own husband, but he gets fed up and leaves her.

Gone with the Wind.
And, darn it!, I was gonna do that one.

alaskamatt17

Registered
Reaction score
Here's another one I forgot for the list:

John Keats dies, then he dies again, but he was already dead once before.

Reaction score
In 18th century England, a sixteen year old girl goes through with an arranged marriage. She's ecstatic as she's been secretly in love with the man for years but little does she know he's homosexual. After she finds out, he vows to try to be faithful to her, but cannot resist one of his old lovers. He dies after a duel which he fights defending her honour and she goes off to have lots of affairs with younger men, never forgetting how much she loved him.

Wind Ann Wise

The Quiet One
Registered
Reaction score
Crazy, deformed man kidnaps young woman, wants to hide her away forever.

Kalsik

Kalsik
Registered
Reaction score
Cylindrical spaceship enters Solar system, explorers sent to it before it leaves again forever.

writergirl1994

Registered
Reaction score
A girl with Asperger's who's obsessed with 'Watership Down' falls in love with a boy with osteogenesis imperfecta.