Status
Not open for further replies.

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
I'm looking for letter writing lovers, addicts and enthusiasts. I'm looking for those who collect old letters (from people you know or don't know), those who collect letters they've received and those who collect letters from history. If you're still active in the act of snail mailing, I'd love to interview you for a project I'm working on. This is a book idea (several, actually) that was picked up by an agent years ago and, for many various and frustrating reasons on my behalf, it fell through. Revisiting this idea has been very gratifying, though, and I'd love to work with anyone willing to share their passion for letter writing. (I'm sorry, for this project, e-mailing is not counted as form of letter writing . . . despite the fact that this entire project is being handled through email. Ironic, isn't it?)

scottVee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
scott.virtes.com
Hi Jenn,

Interesting topic. I used to do a lot of regular letter writing, and have to say that my emails can reach the same level, on a good day. I'm an almost-full-time stamp dealer, and always pause when I find an old letter in a stack of empty mail. But as much as I think about it, I just can't keep them. No room for another hobby. Though I still have all those letters after high school where I moved away, before everyone vanished.

I usually keep the scans, of course. It's something to see a moment of someone's life, never knowing the back story. I've seen people's trips through Fiji, have a series from a guy setting up a ham radio in Mozambique ... and I'm addicted to reading full-blown travelogs from before 1850.

Anyhoo ... your post made me think of all those things. I hope your project works out well.

= scott

ideagirl

Registered
Reaction score
I love letters. I even bought a 140-year-old letter on eBay, just because it looked so neat. Feel free to contact me if you like.

talkwrite

Passion in full bloom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linguisticworld.com
I love writing letters and I especially love Memoirs/autobiographies that include revealing letters. I enjoy finding special stationary or beautiful cards that are blank inside at antique or resale shops. My family and freinds have often told me how a letter can majke their day,but I know we are a rare find. I'd be glad to help you on this.

Elektra

Don't Call Me Sweetheart
Registered
Reaction score
My friend and I keep up a correspondence, though it's more for the novelty of using parchment and sealing wax than anything else. To be honest, we talk online so much that when the letter arrives, we've told each other everything that's in it already.

Fern

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a letter writer also. Not so much the last year or so since I've gone back to work, but I love getting letters and enjoy writing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.