dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Contrary to the labeling on the package, Fruity Pebbles are NOT now better tasting. In fact, if anything, they are LESS tasting at all. Honestly, it was almost like eating plain old rice crispies.

I am horrified and saddened as yet another breakfast favorite is thrown into the shitter of "new and improved."

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
What's the world coming to.

What I miss are the old truthful cereal names - Sugar Frosted Flakes, Sugar Pops, Super Sugar Crisp. The took the sugar out of the names, but those cereals will still rot your teeth.

Backward Masking

Why so serious?
Registered
Reaction score
Contrary to the labeling on the package, Fruity Pebbles are NOT now better tasting. In fact, if anything, they are LESS tasting at all. Honestly, it was almost like eating plain old rice crispies.

I am horrified and saddened as yet another breakfast favorite is thrown into the shitter of "new and improved."

I think it's time somebody took a stand and defended our right to a delicious breakfast before all is truly lost. Dclary, go give 'em hell. :e2salute:

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Help me to understand the issue here, Deek. A grown man eating a kids cereal decides that it isn't up to his standards? :Shrug: On the other hand, just what the heck were you thinking?

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I'm with ya, Dave.

Berry Pebbles suck, too.

Dino Pebbles were the best. They were basically frosted krispies with a butt-load of marshmellows.

I knew breakfast cereals were going down the crapper when they changed the type of oat cereal in Frankenberry, Count Chocula, and Booberry from the consistency of oat cereal in Lucky Charms to that of Cap'n Crunch.

Sad day, indeed.

Chocolate Lucky Charms are the only bright light in this dark world.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
dclary, go with Life cereal. Just like when you were young, dump a cup and a half of sugar on the bowl, then drown it in whole milk (Damn you skim milk nazis).

It's just as good as it ever was.

Oh, and so's Capt'n Crunch. But that tears up the roof of your mouth.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I'm with ya, Dave.

Berry Pebbles suck, too.

Dino Pebbles were the best. They were basically frosted krispies with a butt-load of marshmellows.

I knew breakfast cereals were going down the crapper when they changed the type of oat cereal in Frankenberry, Count Chocula, and Booberry from the consistency of oat cereal in Lucky Charms to that of Cap'n Crunch.

Sad day, indeed.

Chocolate Lucky Charms are the only bright light in this dark world.

When you told me about Count Chocula being fucked, I was skeptical, but then I tried them, and you're so right, Spork. It's a sad, sad world.

ScarlettLeopard

Registered
Reaction score
I don't let the kids eat fruity pebbles if I can help it. I have issues with feeding them anything that looks like it came out of the crayon sharpener. Hubby eats it though so he may be crying too. I don't care for cereal and the once a year I want it its usually shredded wheat or chex.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Fruity Pebbles? It's like someone had gas...right after dropping acid.

Do you guys remember the cereal: Freakies? They came with creatures that looked like this: :Shrug: (when he's in shrug mode), and were so sticky sweet...just the thing before heading off to school.

Course...maybe that's how I acquired my broken zipper mentality...eating anything by the name of 'freakies'...hehehehe. Or were they only in California? You know..we Cali's come up with all kinds of nifty things, can you say Pet Rock? I knew you could.

Cinnamon Toasted Crunch was a pretty civilized cereal....once again, they now offer 'healthier for you' version: so is a cardboard box and 1 Exlax.

Life cereal is still pretty good, and like Scarlett said, good ole' fashioned corn flakes (name brand only) taste the same.

Perfect breakfast: triple espresso, 1/2 cup of man, orange/cranberry scone with warm icing drizzled oh so delicately. And the cats waiting until AFTER I've had my coffee before visiting their litterbox. But I'm weird.

Last edited:

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Fruity Pebbles? It's like someone had gas...right after dropping acid.

Do you guys remember the cereal: Freakies? They came with creatures that looked like this: :Shrug: (when he's in shrug mode), and were so sticky sweet...just the thing before heading off to school.

Course...maybe that's how I acquired my broken zipper mentality...eating anything by the name of 'freakies'...hehehehe. Or were they only in California? You know..we Cali's come up with all kinds of nifty things, can you say Pet Rock? I knew you could.

Cinnamon Toasted Crunch was a pretty civilized cereal....once again, they now offer 'healthier for you' version: so is a cardboard box and 1 Exlax.

Life cereal is still pretty good, and like Scarlett said, good ole' fashioned corn flakes (name brand only) taste the same.

Perfect breakfast: triple espresso, 1/2 cup of man, orange/cranberry scone with warm icing drizzled oh so delicately. And the cats waiting until AFTER I've had my coffee before visiting their litterbox. But I'm weird.

A half cup of MAN?!

Sassee

Momma Wolf
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sasseebioche.blogspot.com
I remember when the Trix were actually little balls sort of like Kix... then they changed em to be in the shape of fruit and now they taste like crap.

But Kix is still good. And Cheerios (plain kind) never change, either.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
I remember when the Trix were actually little balls sort of like Kix... then they changed em to be in the shape of fruit and now they taste like crap.

But Kix is still good. And Cheerios (plain kind) never change, either.

I'm going to behave myself and not make one broken zipper comment...hmmm...maybe I can get away with it over at the Cabaret...

AndreaGS

Registered
Reaction score
Website
andreagstewart.com
When I was a kid I got granola and honey bunches of oats. I wanted lucky charms and fruity pebbles and count chocula so badly!

When I was in college I tried some lucky charms. I didn't like them.

It's always sad for me when I want something for a long time, and when I can have it, I don't want it anymore.

I still like honey bunches of oats. I don't think rice krispies have changed at all.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Kellogg's Smart Start Antioxidant with a handful of frozen blueberries in it. Yum. The frozen berries are important, because the milk will get all icy and cling to the berries and really, it doesn't get any better than that.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Honey Bunches of Oats totally rock. Mmmmmmm.

And I prefer a nice Kudos bar with my coffee. Yum!