His Future's Looking Bright (Finally)

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
His child psychologist gave up on him a couple of years ago; told us after 5 years it would be wasting our money to continue therapy, and told us to line up a good lawyer. My brilliant son had already done several things on the computer that could've gotten him arrested if charges had been filed. He was failing his classes at school (except for computer), and would not do the credit recovery to pass them until I started attending school with him his junior year.

But this week he has a cap and gown in his closet, and will be walking across that stage on Memorial Day with his class. He has a summer job lined up at the community college assisting in the computer lab, and he'll be starting his college education this summer as well. I just wanted to share my joy with y'all, and to thank God for turning his life around.

You can see a slideshow of his senior pictures at the link below my name. Enjoy!

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations to you and your son, Pat! This is awesome news.

:Sun:

Reaction score
What a handsome young man, and obviously hard working too. You're right to be proud of him. :)

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
Congratulations to your son, and most especially to you!

I know exactly how you feel because my daughter just graduated high school last Friday. Like your son, it was a difficult journey. From first grade to the last Thursday, my daughter had to be pushed and threatened and tutored and begged to study and hand in homework assignments. Still, I persevered, and she graduated last Friday. My daughter is hoping to get into a community college in August, too. We'll see about that, I can't see her as college material.

But this milestone is one to savor. Congratulations!

Pat~

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Sean, Trish, Scarletpeaches, Pam...and congratulations to you, too, Pam! You do know how it feels. :)

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
What a great Dad!
As someone who hangs around in the educational system quite a bit, I can say that not many would actually go to those lengths. Actually go to school with him? Too many parents I've run across would think it's the school's problem, others would throw money at it, and still others would shrug and give their kid another trip or toy or a car.

You better be proud...of both of you.

Pat~

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What a great Dad!
As someone who hangs around in the educational system quite a bit, I can say that not many would actually go to those lengths. Actually go to school with him? Too many parents I've run across would think it's the school's problem, others would throw money at it, and still others would shrug and give their kid another trip or toy or a car.

You better be proud...of both of you.

Well, actually I'm a Mom (that's me with my son in the avatar), but yeah, he's got a great Dad who's worked hard, too! And also one who's been a wonderful role-model. Thanks, Christine.

Last edited:

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
Congratulations! That is great. We all wish... wait a minute... where the hell is my wallet?

Pat~

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! That is great. We all wish... wait a minute... where the hell is my wallet?

He doesn't have it. :tongue

(But do be careful if you do your banking online.)

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! Best wishes to your son on his future!

The journey:
baby09.gif
========>
graduate.gif

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray: Great news! You all must be feeling so proud, and rightly so. All the best for the future.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Congrats! Best wishes to the family. That's quite a big accomplish and he should be proud.

Pat~

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all very much for your warm wishes. What a special group of people you are. :e2grouphu

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
:Hug2:Hey Pat, you are always so supportive to us as well. You know, your son is doing great, but I just wanted to mention that he though he deserves praise so do you. I can tell from your post that you are an amazing Mom.

The amazing thing is...we worry and worry and eventurally it does come right. :) Have fun at graduation. :)
Thank you all very much for your warm wishes. What a special group of people you are. :e2grouphu

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Oh Pat, what a wonderful post.
H.S can be treacherous for some, so glad he's walking the walk.(in more ways than one, I suspect, knowing Mom :) )
Congratulations.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
p.s.
and he's real handsome too-
what a smile!