Just sent my proposal in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

veingloree

I really hope my book proposal works out. If I can get the proposal accepted then I will use it to apply for a fellowship to support me for two years. Both have a reasonable chance of success but I won't know for certain till August (this is giving me an ulcer).

aka eraser

Fingers crossed for you vein. Try not to fret though. Time goes by faster when you're fret-free..like fishing..or reading a thigh-slapper of a humour column...or even writing something else.

Hope it works out for you. :)

Arisa81

Good luck! I hope everything goes the way you want :clover

April :star

Jazzmine

Proposals

Congratulations on getting that all-important step done!
I hate waiting:ack , but everyone is right: time goes by faster when you're busy with something else.
Just curious to know if you or anyone else use a particular book or writings about proposals that you follow that has proved successful.
I wasn't real happy with a recent proposal for a short assignment I just sent in, but....

veingloree

Re: Proposals

The publisher had quite specific guidelines so I followed those. Then my rather more experienced coauthor made a few changes, then I made a few, then a second co-author got involved, then I made a few more changes... then the first coauthor said 'bugger it, it's great and I've sent it to the publisher.' Which rather caught me by surprise.

Also my fiction e-book came out todays...

Overall, a good week.

:party

veingloree

The editor of the book series we applied to was unofficially positive about the proposal, now we wait to hear from the publisher and the funder... tap tap tap :gone

Arisa81

Good luck Veingloree !

Hope all works out well for you :party

April :star

Greenwolf103

Vein: I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. Good luck!! I wish you much success. Please keep us updated!

veingloree

I now have two reviewers reports recommending publication (although one had a lot of concerns as well). My 'rep' will make the final presentation to the publishing board in a weeks time. Still no word on the funding though...

Golly but it's a long process.

Greenwolf103

Oh, I know! The waiting is just awful. The WAAAAAITING!!!

veingloree

The funding hearing was yesterday. There were 33 aplications but I don't know how many grants they give or when we will know the decision :(

Selenia692

I feel for you :( I just sent off my first book proposal the otherday and although some of the other authors that have worked with the publisher say they respond pretty fast, it's still killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.