PDA

View Full Version : "Custom Folders" in my PM box -- How do I put them to use?

Plot Device
05-20-2007, 07:56 PM
I noticed I can make "custom folders" for my PM's. So in addition to the "In-box" and the "Sent-box" I made two new folders: "Mod Stuff" and "Networking Stuff." But now I don't know how to MOVE existing PM's into those two folders.

Anybody??

Medievalist
05-20-2007, 08:16 PM
1. Go to your CP
2. Click List Messages on the left
3. Click the checkbox to the far right of a message you want to move
4. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list of messages; in the darker blue strip at the bottom, on the far right is a pull-down menu that says "Move to Folder."
5. Select the folder you want to move the selected PM to, and click Go.

Plot Device
05-20-2007, 08:21 PM
1. Go to your CP
2. Click List Messages on the left
3. Click the checkbox to the far right of a message you want to move
4. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list of messages; in the darker blue strip at the bottom, on the far right is a pull-down menu that says "Move to Folder."
5. Select the folder you want to move the selected PM to, and click Go.

But that function only works for stuff in the "In-box" bot not in the "Sent-box."

Medievalist
05-20-2007, 10:19 PM
But that function only works for stuff in the "In-box" bot not in the "Sent-box."

Right.

Plot Device
05-21-2007, 06:22 AM
Right.

Why?

Medievalist
05-21-2007, 06:25 AM
Why?

Because the software isn't designed to support that function; why it doesn't, I'm not sure --- I had thought it did, frankly.

poetinahat
05-21-2007, 06:31 AM
Why?
My guess? Nobody asked for it in the design stage.

poetinahat
05-21-2007, 06:36 AM
If you're keen to keep track of sent messages (or any others), though, you might want to use the download function: select messages, and use the drop-down menu at the lower right to download messages to your computer as TXT, CSV, or XML files. (No, there's no 'upload' feature to bring them back, but there is always CTRL-C and CTRL-V.)

scarletpeaches
05-21-2007, 06:37 AM
Can we have a bigger capacity than 50, please? I'm tired of having to delete my fanmail before I've finished basking in the adoration of my minions. :D

Plot Device
05-22-2007, 07:30 PM
I just took a "sent" mesage and forwarded it to myself. And THAT popped it into the "in" box. :D

Plot Device
05-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Can we have a bigger capacity than 50, please? I'm tired of having to delete my fanmail before I've finished basking in the adoration of my minions. :D

You mean you to say that still have to answer your own fan mail???