Which piercing should I get?

• Total voters

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
A family member offered to buy me another piercing, and all I have to do is dye my hair semi-normal until I'm legal (bit of a bitch, but technically I can still get away with a really, really bright red or burgundy). Now, I just don't knwo what to pierce. I already have 6 lobe piercings, 2 cartiledges (it was four, but they healed over a few years ago). I also have a nose piercing (had 3 at one time, believe it or not. It actually looked really good).

I'm thinking of going with an eyebrow piercing (trying to push my luck for two), but I've also thought of getting snake bites/labret (standard lip piercing), a monroe, or a bridge piercing. Help me decide!

*coughcoughfree rep pointscoughcough*

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I vote for the big toe. That'd be so cool. I don't think I've ever seen anyone with a pierced big toe. Start a trend.

jenfreedom

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.growingagreenfamily.com
I've had a ton of piercings but I liked my lip ring the best (left lower side not mid). I also liked my tongue piercing but I think they're bad for your teeth. I just took mine out after 9 years about a week ago. I don't notice anything bad but my friend had a chipped tooth from one. I would NEVER EVER go with the bridge piercing -- I did all my piercings myself (or with friend) but I have a friend who saw a bridge piercing end in death at a reputed shop. There's a nerve you don't want to hit there I guess. Plus I had another ex-friend with a bridge and he looked like an idiot always crossing his eyes and such.

Go with the lip! It's fun and you can spit liquid through the little hole.

Just my opinion.
~ Jennifer

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
...That's actually not a bad idea. Hmmm....
I had one hundreds of years ago, but it was just a rusty nail. Nothing like stainless steel to make you feel all special inside. Rust has a tendency to "rust". That just sucks.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I had one hundreds of years ago, but it was just a rusty nail. Nothing like stainless steel to make you feel all special inside. Rust has a tendency to "rust". That just sucks.
My rusty nail piercing didn't go through my toe, just through my whole damn foot. I week later, I dropped a pair of scissors of the same foot and it lined up perfectly with the nail piercing. I was looking a little Versace, if I just say so myself.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I've had a ton of piercings but I liked my lip ring the best (left lower side not mid). I also liked my tongue piercing but I think they're bad for your teeth. I just took mine out after 9 years about a week ago. I don't notice anything bad but my friend had a chipped tooth from one. I would NEVER EVER go with the bridge piercing -- I did all my piercings myself (or with friend) but I have a friend who saw a bridge piercing end in death at a reputed shop. There's a nerve you don't want to hit there I guess. Plus I had another ex-friend with a bridge and he looked like an idiot always crossing his eyes and such.

Go with the lip! It's fun and you can spit liquid through the little hole.

Just my opinion.
~ Jennifer
I heard that lip rings are also not so great for your teeth (my parents spent a bunch of money on braces, so I'm a little shaking about chancing the pearly babies (even though I LOVE lip rings :( )).

I heard that bridge piericings are close to a nerve, but wanna know something kind of cool? Apparently, so are belly buttons. There's a nerve right behind where they pierce that'll make you completely paralyzed. Fun, eh?

Story aside, the place I'm going to has a very good reputation. I've been there literally hundrers of times with different friends and I know the people very well. Their work is always exceptional, and they don't have any marks against them so far. (I might even go train for body piercing with one of the guys once I turn 18). I've done most of my piercings myself, but for the things I want pierced now, I figured it'd be best to go professional.

Piercings are always fun. My nose was (accidentally) gaged out to a 14 at one time (concert gone bad, but it's healed back to normal now), and whenever I went swimming I could shoot water from the side of my nose. That party tricked has earned me more than 200 dollars over the years. :D

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
I heard that bridge piericings are close to a nerve, but wanna know something kind of cool? Apparently, so are belly buttons. There's a nerve right behind where they pierce that'll make you completely paralyzed. Fun, eh?

Holy Crap--really?

My belly button piercing (long ago removed) was home made. If I had known I was risking serious injury at the time, I never would have risked it. Probably. Maybe.
I was significantly younger (read sillier) and there was a lot of beer involved.

I'd go for the eyebrow. I'm not a huge fan of facial piercings, but my sister has a couple and they look pretty good on her.

jenfreedom

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.growingagreenfamily.com
I entertained the idea of a nipple ring once. Does that count as "other"?

Nipple rings are good. They heal fast and are only dangerous if you have a baby. My partner has one and I told him a million times to take it out before our son was born. Did he listen -- Nope. After Cedar was born a few good tugs from his tiny steel hands of strength on Ben's nipple ring made him reconsider. It's out now. Hmmm, maybe you should forget the piercing and just get branded -- except for that you smell like cooked meat for a while.

~ Jennifer

ScarlettLeopard

Registered
Reaction score
hmm only thing I come up with on google on bridge piercing is that its less dangerous than nostril piercings and you can hang glasses off it. That might be a good look for you, Tsuki. If you don't wear glasses you could always go for sunglasses...

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
I entertained the idea of a nipple ring once. Does that count as "other"?

Hmmm, that one's been tried in my family and was eventually taken out by [whoever] cause it was hurting (I mean months later).

Of the options there, I've gone Monroe. They're nice. I also like belly button piercings, especially with the right jewellery worn there.

I'd never go tongue etc... horror stories of nerves getting damaged, slobbering, drooling etc... sheeesh.

** Another opinion by an old fart, but one who does have a teenage daughter and therefore errs on the conservative side **

The right piercings are really sexy though. Same tattoos.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Trust me on this one, if I could have a baby then it would be a miracle for the ages. I don't have to worry about anyone pulling on it, unless you count the homeless guy who might try to sell it for silver to a pawn shop.

lfraser

Bored and Frantic
Registered
Reaction score
I dunno -- think about what it will look like in 40 years when you've got middle aged bags and sags and the skin around the piercing has stretched.

Backward Masking

Why so serious?
Registered
Reaction score
I dunno -- think about what it will look like in 40 years when you've got middle aged bags and sags and the skin around the piercing has stretched.

You can take out piercings when you're past your prime. It's the tattoos you need to worry about.

Reaction score
Get a Prince Albert.

Yeah folks, there's something Tsuki ain't confessing to. ;)

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Get your eyeball pierced.

eye-jewelry-3.jpg

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
It was a toss-up between the eyebrow and the labret, but I say eyebrow. The Monroe thing is just weird (I remember Real You avatar... you'd look... odd), and the bridge -- well, are you going for goth Indian princess? :D

I think eyebrow piercings are amazing, and they look so cool. (Though that labret does seem pretty wicked...)

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
I have my right eyebrow pierced, and I love it. Sometimes I take my bar out for a while when I get bored with it, but usually I keep it in. They look really cool.