Best Free Online Guitar Lessons for beginners...

Nolita

Registered
Reaction score
I've been doing the fingering exercises at http://alltabs.com. I can hardly wait untill both my fingers and eyes are agile enough to play one of the tabs there(You Are My Sunshine, because I used to sing it to my mom when I was just a little girl, made her happy). I know there's an easier version, but I want to play the really yowzah one.

So starting tonight, I'm going to start in on the lessons at Free Beginning Guitar Lessons with Peter Vogl

I'll keep up the fingering exercises(cuz I wanna get really good), but I need the chords if I'm gonna get this song in my head down. It just so happens Peter Vogl teaches you like you're actually a beginner. He seems to remember what it was like to not be able to play, so he teaches slowly, and explains thoroughly. Other lessons I found failed to explain things thoroughly. I have a sneaking suspicion it's because the teachers forgot what it's like to be an absolute beginner.

Oh yeah, I found JamCenter.com | Free Internet Guitar Tuner It's not just the tuner(I like a different one better anyway). It's the scales and music theory for beginners. Whoever built that site definitely remembers what it's like to not know how to play.

I can't be the only beginner, so if anybody has more good lessons for beginners; please just toss 'em in here :)