PDA

View Full Version : What is in between?

darryl
05-20-2007, 01:17 AM
Curious. Got this in an email from Caesars:

"The "Divine Miss M" is the next resident headliner to grace the stage of The ColosseumŽ. She debuts next February - order your tickets now for the best seating."

So, what is happening between Dec 15th and then?

:Shrug:

Fanny
05-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Hmm, good question. Probably nothing will happen, though. Maybe they will change some things in the Colosseum or such... but even this won't take 3 months. :Shrug:

JennaGlatzer
06-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Funny. Celine is the nicest celeb I've ever met, and Bette Midler is... the not-nicest. She snubbed me in a restaurant a long, long time ago. Gotta admit, I took a little pleasure in the fact that she sounded terrible on American Idol a few weeks ago.

Filine
06-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Funny. Celine is the nicest celeb I've ever met, and Bette Midler is... the not-nicest. She snubbed me in a restaurant a long, long time ago. Gotta admit, I took a little pleasure in the fact that she sounded terrible on American Idol a few weeks ago.

That's kinda funny... Nobody deserves to be snubbed (I had to look that up, LOL). she always seems to be so nice...

Marisa Louise
06-15-2007, 12:31 AM
I heard rumors that they were going to make the stage slat so that it was no longer at an angle. Those changes could easily take those three months to get it up to someone like Bette's satisfaction.

PS: Jenna, I have never liked Better Midler's voice. Blek. Not even "The Rose".

darryl
06-15-2007, 07:53 AM

Yeah, she was horrid. She use to have such a nice voice, but like many other older singers, it just doesn't last like we wish. I was shocked at how bad her voice was. It didn't seem like a cold or something. Frankly, she wouldn't have made it past the first interview if she had to compete. Still, overall she has had a wonderful career between songs and films- a real pistol in First Wifes Club.

As a person, she always struck me as one of those tough-brooklyn chicks- I know you'll understand the reference Jenna. Still, when any artist decides they want not to be a public figure, well I think that is fine. They should do it with grace of course, but well, sometimes they are human too.

:D

Casie
06-15-2007, 08:47 PM
I heard rumors that they were going to make the stage slat so that it was no longer at an angle. Those changes could easily take those three months to get it up to someone like Bette's satisfaction.

PS: Jenna, I have never liked Better Midler's voice. Blek. Not even "The Rose".

That is exactly what they are planning on doing. There is nothing scheduled between Celine and Bette (at least not as of yet...).

Marisa Louise
06-18-2007, 08:26 PM
My God look at all my typos in that post!!!!!!!!!

Filine
06-19-2007, 04:06 AM
My God look at all my typos in that post!!!!!!!!!

I didn't even notice, I thought 'slat' was just another english word I didn't know...and just presumed it meant flat in the context LOL...

My God...I am so naive ;)

darryl
06-19-2007, 05:02 PM
That is exactly what they are planning on doing. There is nothing scheduled between Celine and Bette (at least not as of yet...).

I can understand that rennovations would take some time, but I just can't see them having NO shows for New Years Eve.

Not sure why they wish to remove the slant of the stage. Without dancers, can't see it would matter unless maybe they are doing a bunch of changable sets- but even then....

Also, the slant was the main reason why those people in the main floor seats could see anyone anywhere on the stage. Otherwise those in front tend to block those behind since most of the premium seats are lower than the front of the stage.

:Shrug: