Arghh the waiting is driving me crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selenia692

I finally get to hear the verdict on my proposal on Monday. This is going to be a loooooooong weekend.

Even worse than that, I can't find a proper smilely to express my waiting induced insanity! Noooooo..

Okay, done now, just going to twitch and try to work on something now hehe.

Selenia692

Thanks aka :) Hopefully I get to do the happy dance, but since this is my first book proposal I'm being realistic. I can hope though, I've long since went immune to being upset at rejection hehe.

Yeshanu

An appropriate smiley. Hmm...

Best I could come up with:

panic2.gif

Hope things go well, Selenia. :clover

Selenia692

well there's good news and bad news.

The bad news is that they didn't accept it, but the good news is that they both complimented me on the proposal and also suggested a few other places to send it to.

I forgot to mention this (didn't want to jinx myself in some weird fashion) but the place I was waiting on was No Startch Press, they are a really nice bunch, got back to me quickly (in around 30 days), and they're focusing on how-to books right now (on computer topics) so if that's your kind of thing you might want to send a proposal their way.

Selenia692

erm weird, I can't edit the above. But as for me, my boyfriend is slowly working me up to getting the guts to submit the proposal to Mcgraw-hill/osborne, among other places, so we'll see what happens there :)

aka eraser

One down - lots to go. :thumbs

If you can't edit your post, you're probably not logged in.

Selenia692

lol nevermind, I see it now. I'm used to ubb boards, didn't think to look next to my name. And yup, wanted to give them first consideration, now it's time to go down the list of 10! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.