Writing Anthology of Spiritual testimonies: Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFWriter

Hi all!

Wow, this is soo great! I'm glad to be a part of this great group of people. Well, I'm writing because I have a question. I've started a non fiction book, which will include a collective work of spiritual (true) testimonies of God's restoring power. What legal ramifications could I get myself involved in, if any? I've already established a Permission Request Form (of non-exclusive rights). An author posed a question about writing something true about someone. Can she do that if it's a bad thing - but true???

This is my first non-fiction book that I've been lead to write, but need a little assistance on this question. Thanks in advance for ANYTHING you can provide.

Sara

mammamaia

there's only one wise first step...

...and that's to consult a literary attorney to find out what you can and can't do and how to go about it in a way that will protect you and your work...

...to do anything else first, will likely cost you more time, energy, and probably money, in the long run...

...best of luck with this... love and hugs, maia

Jazzmine

lawyers

A literary lawyer?
How much will that set a poor writer back, and how do you find a good one?

NFWriter

literary lawyer

well, this is NFWriter again, I don't believe there are many. I do know of one, though. Her name is Tonya Evans and her website is www.tme.net. As far as money, it costs!! But at least these types of lawyers are growing, although few right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.