Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridal Blossoms

I'm writing a story, mainly autobiographical. I will probably add in more to elaborate the story some, but still keep it close to fact. It's mainly a story of my teen years, leading up to meeting my husband, almost similar to "Summer Sisters" by Judy Blume. That's when the idea first formed in my brain.

So, my question is, how do I write an adult story from a teenagers perspective and make the dialogue and story interesting enough for an adult to read??? Do adults reading something like this expect it to be childish, at least in the begginning??? It starts when I was 15, so alot of the first chapters sound very "teen/kid like". There's alot of crushes and awkward firsts and things like that. Are adults even interested in reading this type of story. I loved "Summer Sisters". I think I identified with it because it reminded me of my own teen years.

MissKathyClarke

Maybe you should post a chapter or two up and see what people think. Most people here are adults, so you'd know if it would be too kidish or whatnot ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.