Looking for critique help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steffi

Registered
Reaction score
The Great State of Cal ee forn ee ah (As Ahnold wo
I'm finishing my first historical fiction YA novel. It still needs revision...and revision...and revision. I haven't shared it with any one. Sometimes I feel real good about it and other times I feel less confident. Without feedback I guess I can't get anywhere. I also need motivation to get on with the revisions.

I have published creative nonfiction and poetry in a litmag before and I've gotten feedback over the years that I'm a good writer, and it is my passion.

I would like to find a partner. I can't get into real heavy scifi or fantasy, but pretty much anything else I'm open to reading. Does anyone want to bounce work off with someone? I'm not even sure this is the right place to be looking for a crit partner (I'm new!)

Thanks!

Cassidy

writing for kids and teens
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinstevenson.com
Hi Steffi,
Welcome! You can post short sections for feedback in the Share Your Work forum, or post under Mentors and Writing Partners if you want to find someone to exchange critiques with. There's lots of folks here who write YA so I'm sure you'll get some useful feedback.
Cheers- Cassidy

Jordygirl

Nothing doing.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.redthebook.blogspot.com
I would like to find a partner. I can't get into real heavy scifi or fantasy, but pretty much anything else I'm open to reading. Does anyone want to bounce work off with someone? I'm not even sure this is the right place to be looking for a crit partner (I'm new!)

Thanks!

Steffi,
I write YA (NOT scifi/fantasy) and I would love to be your crit partner... only problem... HOW? I really don't want to share my email address & I don't know how people on the mentor/crit partner boards are doing it. Any ideas?
Because I also need a crit partner and seeing as how we write sort of the same stuff (except I don't write historical) it sounds like it could be a good idea.

Dancre

Just have fun.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimkouski.com
Hi Steffi,
Welcome! You can post short sections for feedback in the Share Your Work forum, or post under Mentors and Writing Partners if you want to find someone to exchange critiques with. There's lots of folks here who write YA so I'm sure you'll get some useful feedback.
Cheers- Cassidy

I suggest you follow Cassidy's advice and post parts of your story there. There are wonderful writers there who will give you wonderful advice at least they did to me!! Pointed out my bad habits and my good ones.

kim

Status
Not open for further replies.