Letters to My Mother Publicity

LawrenceElliott

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.LawrenceElliott.com
Once in a while, I find publicity for Letters to My Mother: Tributes to the Women Who Give Us Life--and Love and it feels great! Not only am I proud to have written a tribute to my mother that was good enough to have been included in this wonderful project, but to be associated with so many other great writers who also love their mothers is a true blessing!

Here are the last couple of items I 've found. The last one made me feel really good!

Sarasota (Florida) Herald-Tribune:
http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070506/FEATURES/705060301/1006/SPORTS

News OK (news site for News 9 and The Oklahoman newspaper):
http://newsok.com/article/3052399

Take care all!

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
From NewsOK.com:" 'One especially touching letter, by Lawrence D. Elliot to his mother, Etter Jean, says, "When we found ourselves without a warm bed, a roof over our heads or even the knowledge of where our next meal would come from, you didn't give up. You rolled up your sleeves and went out to find a way.' "

Wow, great! Your story was very touching, and I'm so glad your mother got to have you read it to her. And yes, I'm glad to be a part of that book with you and all of the other great authors, several of whom are here at AW.

LawrenceElliott

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.LawrenceElliott.com
Thanks for the kind words! I feel very lucky to have been selected by the writer. Let's face it, it could have been anyone of the great letters in the book. Some of my friends and family have told me they can't put it down once they start reading!

But the greatest feeling I received was after I sent the review to my mom. Once again, she was touched. I told her she should be proud because it's her life and the example she has set for us!

Take care all!