Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I'll be back to rank the singers, but I wanted to get this poll up.

ETA: Okay. Time to rank the performers.

ROUND ONE (I'll be Simon):

1. Melinda: Another great performance. Consistently good.
2. Jordin: The arrangement could have been better, but your vocals were excellent.
3. Blake: If I'm being perfectly honest, it was sort of an imitation. I'm all on board with Paula choosing a Sting song, but out of his whole body of work, when I heard which one she chose I thought, WTF? How many painkillers did she take today?

ROUND TWO: (Now I'll be Paula)

1. Melinda: You're a shiny, shiny star and we love you cause you make shine me happy.
2. Blake: We love you and your spirit pretty shines sing me lovely song.
3. Jordin: Such a smiling young lady and love you we do cause, SImon stop laughing, and you're shiny. Love. Fluffy bunnies.

ROUND THREE: (I'll be Randy, this time)

1. Melinda: Yo, check it out. My girl blew it outta da box. That was hot, baby.
2. Jordin: Dat was da bomb. You can really blow.
3. Blake: Not my favorite. It was better dan awright, but, Dude, I don't think you can catch the girls.

Now being myself: Blake belongs with a band, while the divas both belong as solo acts. I expect to see them battle it out.

Last edited:

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I honestly can't choose between Blake & Jordin. But I want Melinda in the final. Jordin is better, but Blake is different & still pretty good, so I'm happy with either beside her. I'll post my round by round thoughts later.

Meerkat

Claims the loan was a gift
Registered
Reaction score
"site, place, position" --Roget's Thesaurus
Of the three, Blake seemed the most contemporary. And I think that me be what these young-uns want. I think Jordin will end up winning the whole thing, following careful selection of the final song choices.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
IIRC, the contestants choose one song for the finals, & there are two written for them. Actually, now that I say that, I think it was different last year, w/ two songs they chose & one that was written "for them." I'm sure either Melinda or Jordin would do wonderfully on the type of songs they make for the finals. Unless they mix it up a little (& I've not seen the final every year so maybe they do), Blake might not do so hot at that point.

pink lily

I regret everything
Registered
Reaction score
I see Melinda as more R&B diva than pop singer. I hope Blake wins the whole thing but I won't be dismayed if Jordin gets it. Blake is the freshest face, his sound is unique. Melinda is great... as great as all the other great divas. Jordin has so much promise and can go so far; I really hope to hear more from her in the future.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I would like to see Blake and Melinda in the finals. I love Blake but I don't know if he's got the following to push him past Jordin. Doesn't matter though, he'll get a record deal out of it anyway and probably a better career than if he wins.

Melinda is definitely the most professional of the bunch. But, frankly, I've gotten so sick of the, "You guys think I'm good?" routine, it wears on my nerves. Come on girl...you know you're good and if you don't then someone needs to smack you in the head.

Jordin is cute, young and a great singer. Like Blake, no matter what happens she's got a great career ahead of her. But I don't feel she's as commerical as Blake is. Not that it matters in this competition...who knows what the hell America was thinking when we voted.

I voted for Blake but I wish I could have voted more! :)

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I predict Blake will go bye-bye tonight.

But who will win between Jordin & Melinda? I think it'll be a very close race next week.

Cassie

I can't get no, oh no no no.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cassiesperfectwordblog.typepad.com
Go Doolittle!

Can't wait to see Taylor on the Finale next week!!!! Woooo!

DSCF0261.jpg

I'd like to see Melinda and Taylor do a duet ....

Last edited:

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
If I go by talent alone, Melinda and Jordan have to go on.

If I go by market appeal, it's Jordan and Blake.

As much as I like Melinda, I don't think the world needs another singer with a big voice. There's little appeal for me. Jordan works because of her youthful exuberance, while Melinda grates with her humility. Blake is a risk taker and could do some innovative stuff with the right coaching (and seems like he and I have the same taste in music). Innovative and modern are not two words I'd use for Melinda.

I know I'll be disappointed tonight. Probably by Jordan.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
I love Blake....Doesn't matter though, he'll get a record deal out of it anyway and probably a better career than if he wins.

Jordin is cute, young and a great singer. Like Blake, no matter what happens she's got a great career ahead of her. But I don't feel she's as commerical as Blake is.
Agreed on all counts.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Top 3:

Round 1, the judges' choices:

Jordin: Excellent choice from Simon, at least with the way Jordin did it (even if she didn't do it how he wanted ;) ) She started off sounding a little nervous, but after that she pulled it together and sounded awesome.

Melinda: I missed about half of this one & I must have missed something awesome 'cuz the judges loved it. But I wasn't as excited by what I saw/heard. Maybe it's just my expectations being too high....

Blake: Interesting choice from Paula. Sometimes his voice got swallowed up by the background music/singers and I didn't like the background singers as it was. Really nice from Blake. What is it with Blake sounding just like the original singers? Simon needs to stop reading my mind!

Round 2, the producers' picks:

Melinda: Don't know this song at all, but she rocked it!

Blake: Oh, don't mess up my song, Blakey! Whoo! That was great. He took my fave song, made it sound different, but still was awesome!

Jordin: Thought it was really good.

I'm with Simon. This was an awesome round! Go producers!

Round 3, the contestants' picks:

Melinda: Another awesome performance from Melinda.

Jordin: Another awesome performance from Jordin.

Blake: LOL, I love the clip before the song with Sir Mix-a-lot. Perfect song for Blake, IMO (though "This Love" was good too).

What I loved about this round is that the styles they each chose are exactly the same kind of styles I expected them to love.

Seriously, stop reading my mind, Simon! Melinda needs to move on to the final. I'd be happy with either Jordin or Blake beside her.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
My boys are gonna be on! That might almost tide me over until the cd is delivered...

pink lily

I regret everything
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! Melinda is going home, and Blake and Jordin are the top two!

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
I hate it that she went home. But, I know she'll be fine. She'll have a good career ahead of her. I hope Jordin wins it all.

I also can't wait to see Taylor next week. Love him, love him, love him.

Cassie

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I hate it that she went home. But, I know she'll be fine. She'll have a good career ahead of her. I hope Jordin wins it all.

I also can't wait to see Taylor next week. Love him, love him, love him.

Hi Southern.girl29! I'll betcha I love him more .... (sorry, just had to show off).
DSCF1122.jpg

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Last season was completely different. AI is about the POP. I expect Jordin to win. She's got the makings of a Pop Diva.

Cassie

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Last season was completely different. AI is about the POP. I expect Jordin to win. She's got the makings of a Pop Diva.

You could be right. Jordin is overall darn likable.

Blake, on the other hand, has sort of pegged himself into a limited genre, which appeals to a certain group (which is what Taylor did last season - and won - hmmmm). I know that Blake has a huge following, but I think America likes Jordin better.

IMO, Jordin has more talent. My money's on Jordin.

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Melinda's out? WTF? :Huh:

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Thinking of overall net benefit for the contestants, this outcome is fine. Even better if Jordin wins.

Melinda will get no better and truly was the most gifted singer. She will go on to other things.

Blake could cut a CD today and for people who like him, he would be successful.

Jordin, OTOH, is very skilled but needs some coaching in song choice. Because she is young, the extra career attention you get as Idol winner will do her well. Her personality is also great for the show - Melinda too humble, and Blake a little dorky.