First 10k

Oddsocks

Registered
Reaction score
This probably doesn't mean anything to all of you experienced writers out there (Indeed, feel free to laugh at me), but today I reached the 10,000 word mark on my first manuscript. And, since I'm aiming at around 100k, that's hopefully my first 10%!

It's significant to me though, because as much as I wanted it to be, I wasn't sure if writing was going to be one of the things I'd stick to or one of the things I'd start and never return to, and even though 10k isn't much, it is at least something of a commitment.

So, I thought I'd share this tiny accomplishment!

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
10k is a nice chunk! Well done! I know it feels great.

I've started outlining and jotting notes for my next one, so I'm well away from the 10k mark...

(when I first looked at your thread title, I thought you were posting 10K in Share Your Work or something!)

Susan B

Accordion Dreams
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blairkilpatrick.com
Good for you! And don't apologize! It is a significant chunk of writing, whether it's your first book or your tenth.

And the great thing, if it's your first, is that it's a sign to yourself that yes, you are willing to stick with it.

Keep it up!

Susan

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Well done, Odd. Congratulations on sticking with it thus far. Ten thousand words is no mean feat. Write on!

MelodyO

Waiting for love on the web
Registered
Reaction score
10k is nothing to sneeze at! Just imagine, you've done what thousands of people only think about doing. Good for you, Oddsocks. ::enthusiastically shakes your hand::

Sury

Word Worker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bghosh.cavernreal.com
You just inspired me, OS. I only have 7,000 odd words for my second WIP, and from your post I can tell how good it must feel to reach 10K. So thanks for the inspiration and kudos on the accomplishment! :)

Sury

Oddsocks

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement, eveyone! Knowing that others find it just as exciting - and after the first time around, too - makes it even better!

moth

my own two hands
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray: Yay Oddsocks! :D I know how much this means to you and I'm totally thrilled and proud of you. 10k is a big accomplishment, and I'm just all :snoopy: for you. Congratulations, and write on! :Thumbs: