proposal format help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

triceretops

Are non-fiction book proposals and chapt outlines single or double spaced? I know that sample chapters are double spaced. But I just wrote my proposal and and chapt outline in single. Did I blow it?

I notice that our Jenna has all of it in double space in her sample non-fic proposal on the AW site. Does this means its a matter or preference? Help?

Tri

aka eraser

Can't swear to it tri, but I believe single-spaced is the norm. Especially if it runs to the usual 2-5 pages or so. I'd take a look at breaking up longish paragraphs though.

awatkins

I single spaced mine, with an extra space between paragraphs. Got the contract, so it worked for me. :)

triceretops

Thanks eraser and ann.

I'll keep it single--but even then It ran 12-14 pages only because I followed the agents guidelines (which didn't say anything about spacing).

Tri

DeePower

When we submitted the proposal and sample chapters to our agent for our book, "The Making of a Bestseller," it was single spaced throughout.

She asked us to resubmit it double spaced so she could make copies to send to the publishers.

Dee

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
All my book proposals have been double spaced. The editor likes two copies so they can pass it around the Acquisitions board and make notes on the proposal as they go along. As all my book proposals have been accepted, I'm hoping that its the norm to do it this way. Besides, for me, the single spacing makes it very hard to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.