PDA

View Full Version : Tell young people about your scholarship success

kimmer
05-16-2007, 01:49 AM
Hi,

Did you win a scholarship to go to college? Are you willing to share your story with a new generation of college applicants?

I just signed with an agent for my book Street Guide to Scholarships: What Every Family Should Know. As part of my book, I need short testimonials from students who have won scholarships or parents who have experienced the application process. Your testimonial could be the mistakes you made, lessons learned, how you celebrated, your advice, etc.

Some testimonials will be posted on my website and others will make it into the book. All submissions are subject to verification.

I have used my local and national networks but I thought I'd try this site, too.

If you have a scholarship success story (or maybe a horror story), please send me an email with a short description.
kim@scholarshipstreet.com

Much thanks,

Kim

In case you care, here's a little about me:
I am a conscientious education professional who is serious about helping young people succeed. I worked for the last seven years at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. I write a column for Wisconsin's largest African-American newspaper and I will be a guest speaker at the National Scholarship Providers Association conference in October 2007. Here is my new website: www.scholarshipstreet.com (http://www.scholarshipstreet.com)

Please consider this request! Thanks - Kim

Silver King
05-16-2007, 02:28 AM
If folks got to know you better, Kim, they might be more obliged to share their experiences. Perhaps you could spend some time on AW sharing your insights to let people know where you're coming from; and with your background, you could be a valuable addition to this community.

kimmer
05-16-2007, 07:02 AM
Thanks to Silver King for the tip.

As a new member, I've read a lot but haven't spoken up much. Absolute Write is a behemoth and takes some time to absorb. My favorite section was "bewares and background checks" which I used while searching for an agent. Now, I've moved into other sections. This is a literary advice buffet. Thanks much to all for your advice.

kim