Status
Not open for further replies.

ccarver30

Nicole Castro
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I just sent my 2nd query letter and I looked in my Inbox to see a response already! OMGZ!
doc.gif

It was an auto-response to let me know they rec'd it.

I guess it's better than nothing! LOL

Reaction score
Heh. Wondering if emails have been received is part of the trauma. At least you don't have to worry about that.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
I thought this was going to be about Scarlet. Funny that she's the first to respond.

I got an email tease once, too. I sent a short story to an anthology and received an email two weeks later. I thought, man, that was fast. Just a 'we got it'. Still waiting for the actual response, but according to Duotrope, a lot of rejections just started going out. Fingers crossed, for you and me both.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
The only reason I'd throw him out of bed is to do him on the floor.

Reaction score
Interesting that Nico says she'd like to wake up next to him. I mean...'wake up next to' suggests she'd actually get any sleep???

scottVee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
scott.virtes.com
What's that Nico guy doing up there? My tired eyes thought it was David Duchovny at first.

Anyway ... those auto-responses are nice, and I wish every publication would send them to let us know our work was received. The alternative (no auto-response) means we could sit here for months never knowing if they even got it, wasting valuable time (& stress). Email is not guaranteed in any way, and in fact it's less reliable every year, due to the filtering, getting lost in swarms of junk, accidentally deleted, etc.

So I always appreciate knowing a submission has arrived, and is now in human hands.

ccarver30

Nicole Castro
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
What's that Nico guy doing up there? My tired eyes thought it was David Duchovny at first.

Anyway ... those auto-responses are nice, and I wish every publication would send them to let us know our work was received. The alternative (no auto-response) means we could sit here for months never knowing if they even got it, wasting valuable time (& stress). Email is not guaranteed in any way, and in fact it's less reliable every year, due to the filtering, getting lost in swarms of junk, accidentally deleted, etc.

So I always appreciate knowing a submission has arrived, and is now in human hands.

Uh, *I* am Nico! HIS name is Paul Leyden. :)

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I sent some little snippet to Readers Digest last year, hoping to score a hundred bucks for some lame thing my kid said. Six months later I get an email from them with something like "Congratulations! You qualified!" Turns out it was for the stupid Sweepstakes.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Yea, I sent in a query to a magazine and got put on the editor's personal fanmail list for some project of his that I had never heard of. Uh... no thank you, dude. Auto responses are cool, but also quite the tease.

Status
Not open for further replies.