28 Weeks Later

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
Has anyone else gone to see this movie? Oh. My. Freaking. God. Bloodshed everywhere! And a nice little twist in the plot. If you ahven't seen it, go SEE IT! ANd there had better be a thrid one, or I'm gonna be pissed.

Reaction score
I got bored watching the first one. And that was even with The Ecclestone in uniform. That shows how bad it was.

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
The worst movie I've seen in years. The writer should be shot. The director should be boiled in oil.

Of course, if you prefer vomiting blood instead of dialogue, if you relish coincidence instead of plot development, if you have a secret wish to sit on a rooftop and shoot mad Englishmen, this movie might be for you.

Silverhand

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ericfogle.com
I still say, Saun of the Dead was the best Zombie movie thus far. :)

This isnt about the aforemention movie, though. heh So, without further ado, I did like 28 Weeks Later. I didn't think it was great...but definately worth the price of admission. It really exemplified the gruesome nature of this particular virus. Saying that...there are some SERIOUS logic flaws this time around. Of course, this is just my opinion...but the first one was better in that sense. /shrugs

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
The worst movie I've seen in years. The writer should be shot. The director should be boiled in oil.

Of course, if you prefer vomiting blood instead of dialogue, if you relish coincidence instead of plot development, if you have a secret wish to sit on a rooftop and shoot mad Englishmen, this movie might be for you.

Wait...so...zombie movies are supposed to be well-written? I didn't even think they HAD scripts. I thought they just started filming until heavily made-up people got tired of moaning "BRAINS...BRAINS..." and the "actors" ran out of ammo.

Hmm. I'm clueless. Guess that's what I get for not watching zombie movies...

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score

Damn, sounds like fun.

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
I liked it. Sure the plot...well, there is none really actually, but the movie has great some great parts. The highlights for me was the semi-prologue in the English countryside and the night-vision trek through the subway. So it's not a great movie, but an awesome collection of scenes.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The one thing I like best about horror movies is when the mean, slutty girls become the first victims/meals of the serial killer/zombie/vampire/demon monster-thingy. Other than that, practically everyone dies by the end, or one of them ends up being the NEW serial killer/zombie/vampire/demon monster-thingy, which you find out right at the end. Yay. :e2smack:

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website

I didn't go there for the plot. 2-3 hours of bloodshed is the highlight of my life, I thought it was a real delight to see. I agree that the plot really sucked for both of them, but WOW the gore was great.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I liked it. Sure the plot...well, there is none really actually, but the movie has great some great parts. The highlights for me was the semi-prologue in the English countryside and the night-vision trek through the subway. So it's not a great movie, but an awesome collection of scenes.
Now that I think about it, it did sort of have a plot. It was like a flash fiction piece drawn out over hours with bloody fillers *heart warms at thought of frantic, blood vomiting, screaming, infected people*.

crazynance

~call me Mrs Writer ~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
crazynance.livejournal.com
wait.... uh... 28 WEEKS later? oh, shite. I thought it was called 28 DAYS later... hahahahahahahahaha ! gasp... I loved the movie.. bit crazy.

I really liked Dead Heat. My daughter was little at the time and called it Dead Meat. Appropriate for a zombie movie, no?

Last edited:

Elodie-Caroline

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
elodie.the.writer.tripod.com
I didn't think that 28 days later was much good... But the one thing that would make me watch 28 weeks later is Canary Wharf on the Isle of Dogs. I love that place and have hundreds of photographs of it, especially at night time when it's all lit up! :)

Elodie

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
28 Days Later was superb. It was a drama-based horror film and worked superbly well.

28 Weeks Later was action-based and was entirely dissapointing. There were some interesting things in the film, but none that make the rest of it worthwile. And besides, the more interesting horror ideas have been done before.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Count me in the 'waiting for the dvd' crowd. But then that's not saying much as I very rarely go to the cinema. It's full of noisy chavs.

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm, is there more penis-flashing in the sequel?