"Flavored Water"

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
...!?

Why did Flavored Water suddenly become trendy? The stuff tastes gross.

Carrie in PA

Write All The Words!
Registered
Reaction score
I love the Propel. They use actual sugar, so I don't mind it. No icky aftertaste like the ones with artificial sweetners.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I hate the ones that say: "slightly gasified", which usually means that the gas concentration is enough to use in a trench.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Isn't flavoured water just...juice?

That would be my reaction, though I'd define it as soda rather than juice, since I think of juice as something that comes from fruit, while this... erm... flavored water stuff merely lacks carbonation.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
...!?

Why did Flavored Water suddenly become trendy? The stuff tastes gross.

That, and with all the Splenda and/or Nutrasweet crap they put in it, it's bad for you. Might as well either drink WATER, or just say to hell with it and get a soda...it's still bad for you, but at least it tastes better.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Isn't flavoured water just...juice?

No, juice is watered-down-fruit.

Flavored water is fruited-down-water.

Actually, juice vs flavored water is the difference between putting the entire packet of Kool-Aid in the water, and just dropping enough in to give it a HINT of nastiness.

I'll stick to water-flavored water.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Its great to fill water balloons with, though. Suddenly, I have the worst patio on the planet to walk near with with your dog.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I can't stand most of them (tho I do like a few of the Vitamin waters - and their bottles are good reading if you're in the mood for a chuckle), but mostly they taste plastic to me.

Give me water and slice of lemon, lime, or orange any day over that swill.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hate the ones that say: "slightly gasified", which usually means that the gas concentration is enough to use in a trench.
Writing challenge of the day: work the phrase "slightly gasified" into at least one paragraph of a current WIP. (HINTS: chili, burritos, beans, beef and broccoli, brussells sprouts.)

latoya

Registered
Reaction score
I love the Propel. They use actual sugar, so I don't mind it. No icky aftertaste like the ones with artificial sweetners.
I love Propel too. I was drinking it before it became popular to drink it. Propel is fitness water, it's fortified with Vitamin B so I drink it about an hour before I go work out and it gives me loads of energy. (I sound like a commercial :)).

Now there are so many companies coming out with the sachets that you can add to bottled water. I knew it wouldn't be long before someone figured out how to capitalize on the bottled water frenzy.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Writing challenge of the day: work the phrase "slightly gasified" into at least one paragraph of a current WIP. (HINTS: chili, burritos, beans, beef and broccoli, brussells sprouts.)

"I really wouldn't go in there if I were you," Maddy said.
"Like why?" Vicki looked bewildered.
"Well, uh, it might not be, you know, safe--"
"Like why?"
"'Cause, uh - he had the all you can eat burrito and refired bean special for lunch and the room might be, uh - slightly gassified---"
"Huh?" Vicki looked bewildered, than continued on down the hall.
"Slightly gassified?" Jimmy poked his head around the door to the Bakers' suite, looking bewildered.
Maddy gave him a look. "I didn't hear you coming up with any brainstorms, Einstein."

(Wish I'd had that word when I wrote the original scene - the problem was her boyfriend having three groupies in the hotel room, BTW, not biological weaponry.)

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I decided to try one of these.

An hour later, AKA, NOW, my kidneys are tiny balls of pain, sewn into my sides. If a nap doesn't cure this, I am suing. o_o

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When you add stuff to water then technically it's not water anymore. Flavored water just makes me more thirsty and it dries my mouth out.
Yeah, like that short time Heinz had purple, blue, and green ketchups on the market, except they couldn't call them "ketchup" because they weren't red; I think they had to call them "tomato condiments". I've seen flavored water labeled as "flavored water beverage" or somesuch like that.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I decided to try one of these.

An hour later, AKA, NOW, my kidneys are tiny balls of pain, sewn into my sides. If a nap doesn't cure this, I am suing. o_o

Never before have I seen a man publicly admit to having tiny balls of ANY kind.

You're a credit to your gender, Bart.