Final season of Battlestar Galatica confirmed?

Adam Israel

Formerly known as StoneTable
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adamisrael.com
Dark Horizons is reporting that season 4 will be the last of Battlestar Galactica.

If true, I'm of mixed emotions. On one hand, I think it's one of the best shows on TV right now and I'll be sad to see it end. Realistically, though, I'd like to see them end on a high note instead of dragging on convoluted story lines in an attempt to squeeze every penny out of the franchise.

gem1122

We can pickle that
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't followed a TV series in years, then got really interested in BG this past season. And now it might end. Great.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
That would be a shame.

One of the best shows on TV.

A brilliant re-imagining of the original- everything a remake should be.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
It is one of the best shows on TV. Ending it after four seasons allows it to remain one of the best. It won't risk falling the way, oh, The X-Files, which should have died much sooner than it did.

I'll miss it when it's gone, but at least it will die with dignity.

Besides, I'm sure there will be movies. I read somewhere about a Pegagus-centric movie set in the months between the attacks and meeting up with Galactica. Plus the persistent rumors of a Caprica spin-off, circa fifty years prior to BSG.

I don't think we're done with that universe quite yet.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
I loved the original battlestar when it was on TV years and years ago. Then thye reached Earth and it flopped IMO. This new incarnation was brilliant and until my cable provider had a tiff with the people who owned the channel which showed BSG (who then removed the channel from cable), I watched it every week without fail. I'm sorry it will be ending so soon - one of my favourite shows.

Adam Israel

Formerly known as StoneTable
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adamisrael.com
Maybe not.

Executive Producer David Eick tells SCI FI Wire that no decision has been made about the series ending. I still hope they don't drag it out endlessly but I'm secretly happy :)

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
I think it might be official now.

It's sad, but it's a good thing. The last thing they want to do is run a great show into the ground.

gem1122

We can pickle that
Registered
Reaction score
That sucks. There's so much garbage on TV that I'd happily take a few more years of BG, even if it meant mediocrity.

That's just me.