PDA

View Full Version : Final season of Battlestar Galatica confirmed?

Adam Israel
05-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Dark Horizons is reporting (http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/070511c.php) that season 4 will be the last of Battlestar Galactica.

If true, I'm of mixed emotions. On one hand, I think it's one of the best shows on TV right now and I'll be sad to see it end. Realistically, though, I'd like to see them end on a high note instead of dragging on convoluted story lines in an attempt to squeeze every penny out of the franchise.

gem1122
05-12-2007, 04:22 AM
I haven't followed a TV series in years, then got really interested in BG this past season. And now it might end. Great.

tourdeforce
05-12-2007, 04:33 AM
That would be a shame.

One of the best shows on TV.

A brilliant re-imagining of the original- everything a remake should be.

ChaosTitan
05-12-2007, 06:38 AM
It is one of the best shows on TV. Ending it after four seasons allows it to remain one of the best. It won't risk falling the way, oh, The X-Files, which should have died much sooner than it did.

I'll miss it when it's gone, but at least it will die with dignity.

Besides, I'm sure there will be movies. I read somewhere about a Pegagus-centric movie set in the months between the attacks and meeting up with Galactica. Plus the persistent rumors of a Caprica spin-off, circa fifty years prior to BSG.

I don't think we're done with that universe quite yet.

Shadow_Ferret
05-12-2007, 08:22 AM
I lost interest before last season.

jvc
05-12-2007, 06:45 PM
I loved the original battlestar when it was on TV years and years ago. Then thye reached Earth and it flopped IMO. This new incarnation was brilliant and until my cable provider had a tiff with the people who owned the channel which showed BSG (who then removed the channel from cable), I watched it every week without fail. I'm sorry it will be ending so soon - one of my favourite shows.

Sheryl Nantus
05-12-2007, 07:05 PM
considering that the ratings are dropping faster than they can track them, good riddance.

they lost me with the "lost year" jump - hacks.

maestrowork
05-12-2007, 07:25 PM
I think it's good they're ending it on a high note. Hopefully, a series of movies will come after.

Adam Israel
05-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Maybe not (http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=2&id=41457&type=0).

Executive Producer David Eick tells SCI FI Wire that no decision has been made about the series ending. I still hope they don't drag it out endlessly but I'm secretly happy :)

mdin
06-01-2007, 09:45 PM
I think it might be official now (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2007/05/say_it_aint_fra.html).

It's sad, but it's a good thing. The last thing they want to do is run a great show into the ground.

gem1122
06-01-2007, 10:16 PM
That sucks. There's so much garbage on TV that I'd happily take a few more years of BG, even if it meant mediocrity.

That's just me.

ChaosTitan
06-02-2007, 06:39 AM
:e2bummed:

At least the "going out with a bang" comment sounds promising.

ChunkyC
06-02-2007, 08:24 PM
they lost me with the "lost year" jump - hacks.
I have to say I wasn't all that thrilled with that either. They could have done a lot of episodes on what happened in that year, perhaps even an entire season.