Editor Response?

Niteowl

Registered
Reaction score
Website
theniteowl.blogspot.com
Alrighty,

So I went a writing conference, and after a pitch a Big Time editor who handles my genre but not my specific sub-genre he referred me an editor, let's call him Bob, who does.

So first I emailed my hook to Bob, and mentioned the Big Time editor who referred me, and asked if it was ok to send stuff his way. He said sure.

The turn-around time for submissions is 4-6 months, as posted on Bob's publisher's website. Now I'm moving, and would really hate to miss any response. So I emailed Bob, a full 5 1/2 months after sending in my partial, asking him if anything has been decided. It's been, oh.. a good 2 weeks? No response.

I'm not sure what to do. I think, ideally, I'd like to talk to Bob's assistant, and find out the proper protocol. I'm pretty sure I haven't crossed into harassing stage, as this is only the 2nd email I've sent him in 5 1/2 months, and I would really hate to harass him in any way.

My gut tells me I should just forget it and move on. But honestly, this is my best chance to get a foot in the door, as the sub-genre I work in is pretty, well, if not dead, at least limping very badly. And Bob is the only editor really acquiring and publishing this stuff.

Argh.

Any tips on what to do would be appreciated.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Rather than ask again if a decision has been made, tell Bob you're moving and give him your new address.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Bob seems like one slow son-of-a-gun. Hopefully, not all your eggs are in his basket, and you've been seeking out other publishers during the long wait.

As Namatu stated, I'd tell him you're moving; and then move on.

Good luck to you.