Another Prompt

souljoy75

Write a story starting out with this sentence.

The dog just laid there.

maestrowork

Maestro's Dark Theater, Part 2

The dog just laid there. The bulldozer came...

Hours later, a boy asked his bulldozer-operator father, "What's for dinner, Daddy?"

He said gleefully, "Sloppy Joes, son."

"Yay!"

Yeshanu

Note to self: DO NOT eat anything Ray offers me... (as if I didn't already know that.)

macalicious731

Yes, this new story puts a bizarre spin on an already disturbing appetite belonging to Ray...

Vipersniper

Registered
Reaction score
Okay here is my input.

:hi: The dog just laid there. The bulldozer came and the driver got out of the bulldozer. He walked over to the dog and then the hair on the back of his neck stood up. He recognized the dog from the picture that was posted on the post office walls. It was Bayou the bull dozer eating Saint Bernard that taught Cujo all he knew. It was too late to run because Bayou lifted his head and the lips curled back. The last thing that the driver did before he screamed was to see the sign beneath the bush. It was the route number of the site that he was supposed to go to.

Hey I like dogs and would shoot anyone that made road kill out one of mine. I am just quirky that way.

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
The dog just laid there. Buildings fell. Rivers flooded their banks. Children cried out for the parents they'd never again see, and still.... the dog just laid there.

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
Laid?

Isn't that, like, wrong or something? Or is this another one of those things that are so commonly misgrammarized that it sounds wrong right?

-pkpk

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
paprikapink said:
Isn't that, like, wrong or something? Or is this another one of those things that are so commonly misgrammarized that it sounds wrong right?

-pkpk

I was thinking the same thing. I think it should be "lay." Is this correct?

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
I just went with the prompt, lol.. didn't try to analyze it

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
but....but...the children cried for parents they'd never see again...and "laid" caught your eye? This is great literature people! I demand roses and champagne!.....ok, ok...a daisy and bottled water??

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
tinasamuels said:
but....but...the children cried for parents they'd never see again...and "laid" caught your eye? This is great literature people! I demand roses and champagne!.....ok, ok...a daisy and bottled water??

lol! Oops...I hadn't actually read that far. *cries*

Here are some roses AND daisies, champagne AND bottled water for you, Tina. :Hug2:

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, thank you.... I'll be here till Thursday...

and then I'll be, well, over there ----->

Vipersniper

Registered
Reaction score
Meanwhile the dog.

:Clap: All of the comments were pretty good and meanwhile the dog is still laying there. Perhaps he has not found anyone to give him a bone and take him home.