PDA

View Full Version : Another Prompt

souljoy75
09-01-2004, 09:29 PM
Write a story starting out with this sentence.

The dog just laid there.

maestrowork
09-02-2004, 08:43 PM
Maestro's Dark Theater, Part 2

The dog just laid there. The bulldozer came...

Hours later, a boy asked his bulldozer-operator father, "What's for dinner, Daddy?"

He said gleefully, "Sloppy Joes, son."

"Yay!"

Yeshanu
09-02-2004, 09:51 PM
Note to self: DO NOT eat anything Ray offers me... (as if I didn't already know that.)

macalicious731
09-04-2004, 12:17 AM
Yes, this new story puts a bizarre spin on an already disturbing appetite belonging to Ray...

Vipersniper
03-14-2005, 11:57 PM
:hi: The dog just laid there. The bulldozer came and the driver got out of the bulldozer. He walked over to the dog and then the hair on the back of his neck stood up. He recognized the dog from the picture that was posted on the post office walls. It was Bayou the bull dozer eating Saint Bernard that taught Cujo all he knew. It was too late to run because Bayou lifted his head and the lips curled back. The last thing that the driver did before he screamed was to see the sign beneath the bush. It was the route number of the site that he was supposed to go to.

Hey I like dogs and would shoot anyone that made road kill out one of mine. I am just quirky that way.

Uncarved
03-15-2005, 01:05 AM
The dog just laid there. Buildings fell. Rivers flooded their banks. Children cried out for the parents they'd never again see, and still.... the dog just laid there.

paprikapink
03-15-2005, 02:25 AM
Isn't that, like, wrong or something? Or is this another one of those things that are so commonly misgrammarized that it sounds wrong right?

-pkpk

TemlynWriting
03-15-2005, 02:31 AM
Isn't that, like, wrong or something? Or is this another one of those things that are so commonly misgrammarized that it sounds wrong right?

-pkpk

I was thinking the same thing. I think it should be "lay." Is this correct?

Uncarved
03-15-2005, 02:45 AM
I just went with the prompt, lol.. didn't try to analyze it

TemlynWriting
03-15-2005, 02:47 AM
I just went with the prompt, lol.. didn't try to analyze it

LOL - I'm not analyzing it either. It just caught my eye. :)

Uncarved
03-15-2005, 02:49 AM
but....but...the children cried for parents they'd never see again...and "laid" caught your eye? This is great literature people! I demand roses and champagne!.....ok, ok...a daisy and bottled water??

TemlynWriting
03-15-2005, 02:54 AM
but....but...the children cried for parents they'd never see again...and "laid" caught your eye? This is great literature people! I demand roses and champagne!.....ok, ok...a daisy and bottled water??

lol! Oops...I hadn't actually read that far. *cries*

Here are some roses AND daisies, champagne AND bottled water for you, Tina. :Hug2:

Uncarved
03-15-2005, 02:55 AM
Thank you, thank you.... I'll be here till Thursday...

and then I'll be, well, over there ----->

Vipersniper
03-15-2005, 04:15 AM
:Clap: All of the comments were pretty good and meanwhile the dog is still laying there. Perhaps he has not found anyone to give him a bone and take him home.