Yet another prompt

maestrowork

This one was from one of my creative writing classes:

Write a monologue (no limit on length) from the POV of a fairytale villain. It can be a well-known character, or someone/something you make up.

GruffGoat

Registered
Reaction score
You don't know who I am, do you? I've been in your office how many times and you can't remember my name? You see why I'm upset? I cannot believe the arrogance around here! You're not the only one, either; not by a long shot. This whole cursed factory can't be bothered to remember anyone's name! All you care about is the output! Well, I want a raise. I want a little more respect around here. Our textiles would look just like every other factory's if it weren't for the embroidery I do. How many of these godforsaken trolls you got here know how to spin gold? One! All the colors of the rainbow, sure, but what makes our clothes special, the goddamn gold embroidery; that's me! I might as well be spinning profits right into the bank, the way you see me. I want a promotion. I should be running this place. I want the recognition I deserve. It's not just for me, I got a family! Don't give me that look. I don't care if you believe me, I got a newborn at home and I got mouths to feed. You want gold thread? I got simple demands. One, you learn my goddamn name. Two, you promote me to Head of Emperor's Clothing Division - that position is empty, anyway. And three, you remember my goddamn name! Can we do that much? I'll even show you my stupid baby to prove it.
Now where am I gonna get a baby?