PDA

View Full Version : Cover Design

Chumplet
05-11-2007, 04:41 AM
I am THIS close to having my own cover design used for my novel, The Space Between. After about a dozen emails back and forth (she couldn't open anything I sent her because she was on AOL) the artist finally was able to view the attachments as separate layers. I can't wait to see what she does with it. I have to wait through the weekend. Also, the editor received my latest edits a week ago and I have to wait to see if they're final or not.

I am on pins and needles.

RitrChick
05-11-2007, 05:08 AM
Wow! That's a whole lot of excitement, Chumplet! How awesome would that be to have your own cover design?!? :D

I'm sure this will seem like the longest weekend ever for you, so here's a big, fluffy cushion to protect your buns from all those pins and needles! :tongue

Saundra Julian
05-11-2007, 05:16 AM
Congratulations, Chumplet!

Toothpaste
05-11-2007, 05:37 AM
Man I am so jealous!! That is so awesome! To have your artist use what you've already done. Wicked cool.

Yes, I did just write wicked cool, you have a problem with that?

David McAfee
05-11-2007, 06:05 AM
Man I am so jealous!! That is so awesome! To have your artist use what you've already done. Wicked cool.

Yes, I did just write wicked cool, you have a problem with that?

I thought only Mainers used the word "wicked." ;)

Congrats, Chumplet. That must be...wait for it...Wicked exciting. :D

maddythemad
05-11-2007, 07:02 AM
I'll second that, and go as far as to say that it's bloody brilliant. ;)

CaroGirl
05-11-2007, 05:13 PM
Wow! That's fantastic. I hope they go with your design. That would be just another feather in your already very feathery cap. All the best!

Chumplet
05-11-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm wicked happy. She changed the background a bit, slapped on some really nice font (with my name at the top! Like I'm, yanno, the Author!) and she's sending it to the editor for approval.

She says she'll recommend putting my name inside as co-cover designer, since I worked so hard on the sharktooth necklace. I can't wait for you all to see it! Just a few more days....

Pisarz
05-11-2007, 06:06 PM
I thought only Mainers used the word "wicked." ;)

What, no shout out to Massachusetts for "wicked"? We do more than just pahk ah cahs in Hahvid yahd, you know. :D

Congratulations, Chumplet. Publication is impressive enough, but your own cover design besides? Way to go!

oarsman
05-13-2007, 02:45 AM
Chumplet, congratulations on the cover and being a co-cover designer!! :snoopy:

James M M Baldwin
05-13-2007, 05:57 AM
Wow! That's really neat. How long do you think it will be before you hear back from your editor.

Chumplet
05-13-2007, 06:01 AM
Thanks, guys! Okay, here it is, all approved:
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w218/Chumplet/TheSpaceBetweencover.jpg