Especially for CC (and anyone else who wants to try...)

Yeshanu

This one comes to us courtesy of Uncle Jim. Start a story using this prompt:

He (or She) was a dark and stormy knight.

Let's try and stretch and see some longer work here, folks. :hat

Sledgeh101

He (or She) was a dark and stormy knight. At least, that's what he young knave thought, trying to figure out what it was coming out of the woods. Suddenly, the knave stood back, frightened. It was a creature. And the creature was hungry.

Yeshanu

:rofl

I do intend to write a story starting with: She was a dark and stormy knight. But sledgeh, that's precious.

ElonnaT

She was a dark and stormy knight. Attila the Honey’s long red hair hung in two long braids down her back. Fierce green eyes peered out of the slits in her helmet that was christened with the antlers of the first doe she ever killed. She was a brave warrior in her own backyard and her band of Honeys followed her loyally.

They stalked through the woods, their steel protective bikinis tinkling lightly in the night’s silence really showed off their overly buxom figures just right. Their fine kid leather boots with three-inch heels kept them stealthy as they moved over the leaf-infested ground. Some of the maiden warriors carried bows and arrows like their Amazon cousins. But Attila carried her mother’s sword, the Eunichator. Men feared her more than any other woman alive. They always screamed and ran off when Attila wielded her mighty sword.

Attila smelled their prey and signaled for her band to spread out and surround it. Slowly they moved inward, trapping the prey within their honeycomb. It is one of their most famous maneuvers after all. They move in, inch by inch, centimeter by centimeter. Their prey finally raised its head and sniffed the wind. It knew it couldn’t escape. The Honeys, led by their fearless leader, swarmed in attacking the hideous creature with bow shaft and sword.

Attila calls off the attacking Honeys when the creature no longer moves. It lays on the grass in a dazed heap. Attila carefully picks up the Have-A-Heart Trap and scoops the creature into it so it can be relocated to a more appropriate environment, like a golf course.

“That’s the last monster I will have in my garden,” she declares in her loud warrior maiden voice, setting the cage beside her. “By my own blood, I swear it!” With this she pricks her finger with a pin and squeezes out one drop of blood, letting it fall languidly to the mound of dirt left by the creature.

Attila picks up the cage and gives it to her Honey general. “Montezuma, get that gopher out of my sight, before I change my mind.” Montezuma takes the cage and hurries off to deposit it at the local golf course.

Attila stands proud before her band of Honeys. “You all have fought well today. The monster was vanquished. Now, let’s finish dinner before our husbands get home.”

Yeshanu

Oh, my. Oh, my.

:ha

I was going to tell you that does don't have antlers, but then I realized it was all part of the programme...

Oh, my.

MrAngelwithnowings

deleted

- this work being submitted.

Sincere thanks to Yeshanu for her critique...needed it.

Now if only I had waited ONE day for her critique. It would have tightened my story that much more.

brb while i try to stop truck at the post office...not sure which has my submission though

:rofl

Yeshanu

Re: deleted

Aw, Angel. I liked yours...

(Did ya remove it 'cause you're gonna sub it?)

YenadilPureheart

He was a dark and stormy knight. At least, thats what every girl I ever showed the slightest interest in thought the moment they saw him. I could spend weeks wining and dining a girl, putting on my best gentleman front and calling in favors to get special treatment at all the local hotspots, and he could take them from me in five minutes. It burned me up.

It was that damned boyish charm combined with tall dark mystique that drove women wild. A wild man on a Harley with a heart of gold, the bad boy who's really a good boy was a combination women just fawned over, and I found myself totally unable to compete with. The worst part of it all was he was my best friend, and I knew it was all just an act.

I watched women after women pass me up to pursue him, some even used me to get closer to him. I was no prince charming, but I was kind hearted, reliable, had a good career and on my way to owning a house at the age of 23, a true self made man. In comparison, he still lived with his parents, floated between jobs constantly, was very self centered, and very uncouth. Deep down inside I knew it was some of these traits that endeared him to me as a friend, but still, his habit of stealing my thunder had gone on far too long. I decided to finally do something about it.

Art_Sempai

Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
art-sempai.deviantart.com
She was a dark and stormy knight.

I've seen her cleave mountains with her sword of wind.
Dragons, demons, even other elemental masters couldn't match her powers.
I trained with her, just once. I almost lost my head, and she was going easy on me.

She retired from the guard some years ago, I heard she wedded the the blacksmith's apprentice.
I thought that strange, but I remember he was the only one who'd sit by her.
The rest of us were fiercely scared of her. You might shocked by her power, it happened often enough.

It wasn't a bad shock, but it was a shock. Hmm...I wonder how he deals with that, it was so unsettling.

I'll be traveling to the village they settled in while I'm patrolling trade routes in that region.
Nothing special about those kind of missions, I should have time to visit their shop.

Maybe I should take some kind of gift. She saved our asses a lot back then.