PDA

View Full Version : Little known trivia

Writer2011
05-10-2007, 07:19 AM
Have you ever wondered which actor played a certain role---or which actor landed a role but was replaced?

Here are a few tidbits....

1. Richard Brooker is the only British actor to portray Jason in Friday the 13th 3-D

2. Kane Hodder played Jason more than twice :)

3. Smokey and the Bandit 3 was originally titled Smokey IS the Bandit but test audiences hated it..

4. Jabba The Hutt was originally a human but the technology wasn't there to transform Jabba to what he was :)

Just thought i'd share with you fine folks :)

Writer2011
05-10-2007, 07:20 AM
Oh in Friday the 13th 3-D the original ending was cut because it received an X-rating...the main character, Chris gets her head chopped off in a dream sequence by Jason at the end--but the studio didn't approve...

Now you see heads being chopped off in movies these days :) Don't you just love censors? :)

Storyteller5
05-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Harrison Ford got the role of Indiana Jones after Tom Selleck backed out to do Magnum PI. He was offered the role of Mike Stivik on All in the Family but turned it down and Rob Reiner took it. He replaced Kevin Costner in Air Force One.

Inkdaub
05-10-2007, 02:57 PM
This is old news but one of my favorite rom-coms, Can't Buy Me Love, features Rico Suave himself...Gerrardo!

The Silver Surfer is also Pan in Pan's Labyrinth. Also the white child eating guy with the eyes in his palms.

The Predator was originally Jean Claude Van Damme. Stories differ as to why he left production. He hated the make-up process...he was fired for being too little...hmmm. I tend to like the second one but wager it isn't accurate. They knew how big he was when they cast him.

III
05-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Gary Cole and Jimmy Smits were narrowly beat out for the roles of Crocket and Tubbs on the Miami Vice T.V. series. Which means in a parallel universe somewhere, Don Johnson is Lumbergh.

maxmordon
07-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Terry Gilliam was Rowling's choice to direct Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone. But the studio didn't wanted him for his overbudget history

dclary
07-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Viggo Mortensen literally walked off the plane in New Zealand, having been hired after shooting began, to replace the originally casted Aragorn, and shot the fight scene at the top of Weathertop. That was his first day in the crew, on location, and in character.

Said the production crew: "We found our Aragorn."

Serenity
07-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Gary Cole and Jimmy Smits were narrowly beat out for the roles of Crocket and Tubbs on the Miami Vice T.V. series. Which means in a parallel universe somewhere, Don Johnson is Lumbergh.

Ah yes, but Jimmy Smits was still in the pilot episode. I think he was killed in something like the first 15 minutes. It's been a while...

althrasher
07-20-2007, 03:44 AM
Viggo Mortensen literally walked off the plane in New Zealand, having been hired after shooting began, to replace the originally casted Aragorn, and shot the fight scene at the top of Weathertop. That was his first day in the crew, on location, and in character.

Said the production crew: "We found our Aragorn."

Wow:Jaw: he's basically my hero.

Celia Cyanide
07-20-2007, 08:19 AM
Terry Gilliam was Rowling's choice to direct Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone. But the studio didn't wanted him for his overbudget history

That would have been flippin sweet, though.

Felicia Rashad was once married to the original cop from the Village People.

BenPanced
07-20-2007, 09:55 AM
The actor in the Godzilla suit was Haruo Nakajima and played him in 13 movies.

Foinah
07-21-2007, 09:16 AM
The actor in the Godzilla suit was Haruo Nakajima and played him in 13 movies.

Except in One Crazy Summer -- hee hee. Bobcat Goldthwaite was the man!

Sorry, that was just trivial.

sgtmrb03
07-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Nick Nolte (I'm not kidding) was in the final cut to play Han Solo. Yikes.

dclary
07-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Except in One Crazy Summer -- hee hee. Bobcat Goldthwaite was the man!

Sorry, that was just trivial.

Easily the single most funny thing Bobcat's ever done. That scene had me weeping it was so funny. And the look on the Japanese investors' faces.

Good God I loved that movie.

dpaterso
07-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Buffy the Vampire Slayer star Sarah Michelle Gellar initially auditioned for the role of Cordelia Chase, and Charisma Carpenter, who played Cordelia in BtVS, auditioned for the role of Buffy.

-Derek

Writer2011
07-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Speaking of Viggo...he was in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre part III---he was a mean s.o.b :)

poetinahat
07-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Easily the single most funny thing Bobcat's ever done. That scene had me weeping it was so funny. And the look on the Japanese investors' faces.

Good God I loved that movie.
Shakes the Clown has its moments too. The opening scene is gold; it's got maybe the most shocking cameo appearance I've ever seen. Just see it -- at least the first few minutes.

katiemac
07-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Will Smith turned down the role of Neo in The Matrix to film Wild, Wild West.

childeroland
07-28-2007, 06:22 AM
This won't be little known to Star Wars geeks, but Han Solo was originally conceived by Lucas as a green-skinned alien.

Keyser Soze's name in 'Usual Suspects' was originally Keyser Sume, after a friend of the filmmakers, but said friend asked them to change it.

Edward Norton turned down the role of Harvey Dent in DARK KNIGHT in order to play Bruce Banner in THE INCREDIBLE HULK.