American Idol Top 4

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't see a topic for this week.

The music of Barry Gibb and the BeeGees.

Each contestant did 2 songs.

Lakisha probably did the best renditions.

Melinda was ok.

Jordan could have picked one uptempo song, and had some real pitch problems (not the generic pitch problems the judges always say)

Blake was off, and beat boxed for both songs. I like Blake because he is refreshing in song choice, arrangement, and brings a modern touch. But seriously - don't do it to every song boy!

It's really hard to pick them now.

Blake should go, but he's getting all Chris Richardsons teeny girl votes.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm.

Round 1: Jordin, Melinda, Blake, LaKisha

Round 2: Melinda, Lakisha, Jordin, Blake.

The only song I knew in the whole set was "Staying Alive," & I think LaKisha would have had better luck picking another song, or singing it straight. The rhythm changes were odd & she was advised to go up on the chorus, but didn't.

I think overall, I have to rate last night: Melinda, Jordin, LaKisha, Blake. Based on last night, I'd send Blake home, but based overall, I'd send LaKisha. Anyone could go (it's the top four... could even be Melinda, if we look back at Tamyra & Chris Daughtry's losses).

For the whole competition, I'd rate them: Melinda, Jordin, Blake, LaKisha.

But I think LaKisha & Blake are two sides of the same coin, really. Blake tends to do better with the upbeat songs, LaKisha with the ballads. But Blake often pulls off the things he does to mix the song up (not so much last night, though), whereas LaKisha doesn't seem to do it well. Since I'm more likely to enjoy upbeat songs to ballads, & would probably be more entertained by Blake, I'd like to see him continue.

Melinda hits everything she does. Even when she's being "old-fashioned," I love to listen. I downloaded a couple of the studio versions of her songs, & they are just superb, even compared to my favorite Jordin song (though, there have been a few Jordin songs I thought she sang better, but I liked this song best).

Jordin is on... most of the time, but sometimes she isn't. Otherwise, I'd have a problem choosing between her & Melinda.

Okay, there's my meaningless ratings right before we see the results :D

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yikes. I'm falling down on the job! I forgot to post my list and the poll. Bad doggie!

Round One:
1. Jordin
2. Melinda
3. Blake
4. Lakishia

Round Two:
1. Melinda
2. Lakishia
3. Jordin
4. Blake

Who will go? LaKishia: The lesser diva. Both Melinda and Jordin are superior.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Not gonna say who's gone...but i've lost interest in American Idol too---heck i've lost interest in all television shows.