Diet/Fitness for Writers and other slugs

dub

He ain't right...
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so that won't be the title; however, I have met with a couple of physical fitness folks and we are putting together a diet plan and light workout schedule for writers, musicians, and others who will/can not do the real participation things. Like, I would love to join a gym and spend a couple hours a day in a workout. Only problem is I have deallines looming, and hate to even leave the PC to go to the bathroom. However, I can use light weights from my computer chair....

This is an adventure, any ideas will be welcome.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
This is an adventure, any ideas will be welcome.

learn better time management.

there is no way on earth you have to always be at your computer.

no way.

Lisamer

Registered
Reaction score
learn better time management.

there is no way on earth you have to always be at your computer.

no way.

Agreed! I'm a writer and I spend 1-3 hours daily at the gym. In fact, my brain functions much better after a cardio workout!:)

janetbellinger

Registered
Reaction score
I like to air my brain out three or four times a week. Yesterday I cut the grass and sometimes I go to yoga or walk the dog. It doesn't have to be the gym, you can get lots of exercise at home

Sohia Rose

Will write for coffee
Registered
Reaction score
I've been working out at home for years. I have a stair-stepper; I have aerobic DVDs and a weight set.

I work out Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. But more importantly, and to maximize my workout, I eat a low-carb, high protein diet, watching total calories per day, which is 1500 (even though for my body type it's 1800 calories to sustain my current weight). I just make room for it in my life.

Today, I will have my coffee, wait one hour, then work out, then finish working on my new book. There's time. :)

dub

He ain't right...
Registered
Reaction score
I do a 45 minute workout 4 days a week and have forced myself out of the habit of bringing food and sodas to the computer - I do bring bottled water. But, as I looked around my college, at professors of all ages, and asked what exercise program they had - for the most part it was walking - good, but does not do the whole banana. I talked to a trainer who thought it would be a great idea to target a plan designed for the sedimentary life style. I can tell doctor T to get up and exercise, as he sits behind a mountain of paper and has a line of students waiting to see him. But, without a prescriptive plan, he won't budge. Well, it was worth the idea...I'll keep thinking about it.

Sohia Rose

Will write for coffee
Registered
Reaction score
I do a 45 minute workout 4 days a week and have forced myself out of the habit of bringing food and sodas to the computer - I do bring bottled water. But, as I looked around my college, at professors of all ages, and asked what exercise program they had - for the most part it was walking - good, but does not do the whole banana. I talked to a trainer who thought it would be a great idea to target a plan designed for the sedimentary life style. I can tell doctor T to get up and exercise, as he sits behind a mountain of paper and has a line of students waiting to see him. But, without a prescriptive plan, he won't budge. Well, it was worth the idea...I'll keep thinking about it.

I guess it also depends on what you mean by "working out." Do you mean cardiovascular health? Do you mean fat burning? Do you mean weight training? Vanity or health reasons?

Vanity is my motivating factor. The health benefits, well, that's a bonus!