PDA

View Full Version : Disproportionately ecstatic

swvaughn
05-09-2007, 05:04 PM
It's the little things that get me every time...

I am officially listed on the client page (http://www.maassagency.com/clients.html) of the Donald Maass Literary Agency!

And, since my (real) name is close to the beginning of the alphabet... I am first, under Science Fiction/Fantasy!

I tried to be cool. I wasn't gonna shout out. Honest, I wasn't. I kept the excitement level down all this time, ever since I signed with Cameron, through two rounds of revisions we've done so far... but this one little thing just makes me so happy... I don't know why, but it does.

I am going to go cry now. :D

CaroGirl
05-09-2007, 05:12 PM
That's wonderful news. You should shout and you should shout loudly. From the rooftops of your neighbourhood. At three in the morning. Trust me.

Congratulations!!

Susie
05-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Congrats! That really is super and hope you hear more good news and everyone too!

Kudra
05-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Of course you have to shout! That's fantastic news.

Calla Lily
05-09-2007, 05:39 PM
That is so cool! Many congratulations!

swvaughn
05-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Aw, thanks, guys!

I try not to yammer on about it too much, but this is the first time I've really felt... there. I've been at this for so long, and I've made so many mistakes along the way. I must have fallen for every scam in the book (because the scammers just kept getting smarter).

This time I know it's real. It's the most amazing feeling...

Okay, I really am going to cry now, damn it. Shutting up. :D

davids
05-09-2007, 05:50 PM
You are sooooo yammerglamouratory-you Donald Mass person-now when do we see the interviews on all them there booky talk show things? Oh gosh-Hmmm Donald Mass-Hmmm-I bet you even wrote a terrific-professional book-Hmm how 'bout that!!!! Ah the sweet subletty of success!!!!

swvaughn
05-09-2007, 06:07 PM
LOL! I tried to be subtle, Dave. I really really did! I was subtle for like a whole month! :D Yep, talk shows. I'm sending a stunt double for those...

I luvs ya, davids. :D

Claudia Gray
05-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Woohoo!

zahra
05-10-2007, 02:14 AM
Both woo and hoo! The little moments make up the whole wonder of getting there, so celebrate til your eyes bubble.

(Did you actually cry though, you big girl's panties?)

Saundra Julian
05-10-2007, 03:33 AM
WOW, that is exciting...cry away, it's good for you. Makes your eyes shiny!:Hug2:

Soccer Mom
05-10-2007, 06:51 AM
:hooray: :partyguy: :snoopy: :banana: :Jump: :Cake: :Clap: :Trophy: :PartySmil :e2photo: :e2woo: :TheWave: :e2bear: :e2cheer: :e2dance: :e2headban

Celebrate away! You're entitled!

Maprilynne
05-10-2007, 07:41 AM
That is so awesome!!! I wish Writers House had a client page I could be listed on. I would be screaming it from the rooftops too!

Scream away! I'm way happy for you!

Sury
05-10-2007, 04:39 PM
You deserved this, SW. Many congrats. I hope it converts into BIGGER news! :D

Toothpaste
05-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Man I was SO excited when my agency listed me, I think I announced it here even too, so don't think it is disproportionally exciting! What makes it so cool is here you go, surfing the web, looking at agency websites to see if they are accepting MSs and who their clients are and hoping someday you too will be on a list. And then, one day, you are!!

Congrats!!

JamieFord
05-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Congrats! That's so cool!

Susan B
05-11-2007, 03:27 PM
That is very cool--and I like your site/book profile too. Congratulations!

I remember how shocked and excited I was to discover, a few days after I signed with my agent, that I'd been added to the clients list on her site, and that my book was profiled. Makes it seem real, somehow. Glad to see other agents do this, even when you are "not yet published" (which has been my state for some months now...sigh.)

Susan

Pike
05-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Shout, cry, lob cubes of lime Jell-O from the roof tops because you deserve it!

Pike

piscesgirl80
05-13-2007, 01:02 AM
:hooray: :hooray: :hooray: I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

Storyteller5
05-13-2007, 03:13 AM
Very cool! :snoopy:

The Lady
05-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Congrats. Great website too:hooray:

jonereb
05-13-2007, 04:08 PM
SWVAUGHN, I don't think I could have been as cool and reserved as you. I would have been shouting from the mountain tops. Congrats!

swvaughn
05-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Ha! You should have seen me here -- I was jumping up and down, running around in little circles, dancing with the cats (I was the only one here...), and generally making an ass of myself. :D

I only hope I don't explode when the book sells (I did say when. I have to -- if I say if, I am admitting defeat. Never give up! Never surrender!

Now I have to go watch Galaxy Quest. :D)