PDA

View Full Version : Michael Shanks or Richard Dean Anderson~Who do you like best?

Cassiopeia
05-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Okay so I was watching one of the few remaining SG-1 episodes last friday and it had both of these stunning men on it. For the life of me, I couldn't decide who I like better. So, I decided we need a poll and a discussion on the two of them.

For me an episode without either one of them or both of them is lacking. Oh sure, the actor playing Colonel Mitchell is cute enough but there just isn't the same dynamics without RDA if you ask me.

So let's have a vote :)

Cath
05-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Huh, I was gonna say Ben Browder too.

Acutally, I used to like RDA, but then I found out he's two weeks older than my dad, which kinda put me off.

Sheryl Nantus
05-09-2007, 05:15 PM
I'm sorry, gotta go with Mac... er, Jack.

the O'Neillisms just kill me.

and I'm a sucker for grey hair.

:D

Mel
05-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Both. They have such different, quirky personalities and their conversations with each other can be hilarious. I don't know if the two actors have that certain chemistry, but the interaction between their characters definitely do.

kristie911
05-09-2007, 05:37 PM
I don't watch SG-1 but I've loved RDA since his mullet days of MacGyver...so he's my obvious choice. Who cares if he's old enough to be my dad?!

MidnightMuse
05-09-2007, 06:23 PM
SG1 hasn't been good since RDA retired - even though I like Ben, the dynamic has been off and I haven't watched these last two seasons. Although I did accidentally catch the last part of last week - and was surprised to see RDA there (pleasantly surprised - his character hasn't missed a beat) but previews for this week reminded me why I quit watching!

High School reunion??? While the world's future is at stake? *grumble,mumble,rant* Is Eureka back yet . . .

ChunkyC
05-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Who? ;)

jvc
05-09-2007, 07:29 PM
I couldn't possibly comment.

kristie911
05-09-2007, 08:20 PM
I couldn't possibly comment.

Isn't saying you can't comment actually commenting? ;)

plaidearthworm
05-09-2007, 08:43 PM
RDA all the way, baby....plus, he works with a charity to save baby seals, who could resist that?

newmod
05-09-2007, 09:49 PM
There can only be one option for me - Amanda Tapping

VeggieChick
05-09-2007, 09:55 PM
I've been in love with RDA since the MacGyver days. Don't think anybody can replace him.

ChaosTitan
05-10-2007, 01:08 AM
SG1 hasn't been good since RDA retired - even though I like Ben, the dynamic has been off and I haven't watched these last two seasons. Although I did accidentally catch the last part of last week - and was surprised to see RDA there (pleasantly surprised - his character hasn't missed a beat) but previews for this week reminded me why I quit watching!

High School reunion??? While the world's future is at stake? *grumble,mumble,rant* Is Eureka back yet . . .

Amen, sistah. You took the words right out of my mouth.

I did, however, love last week's episode just for the RDA/MS interactions. Those scenes were old school Jack/Daniel. Good stuff.

jvc
05-10-2007, 01:48 AM
Well if Amanda Tapping had been on the list then I'd have gone for her, I mean pressed her button, I mean voted for her :D .

I did, however, love last week's episode just for the RDA/MS interactions. Those scenes were old school Jack/Daniel. Good stuff.
Without the fancying bit, I think some of the best scenes in Stargate were between Jack and Daniel. Their on screen antics are simply the best. Although some of the credit has to go to the writers who come up with their interactions.

Isn't saying you can't comment actually commenting? ;)
Nah :) .

Cassiopeia
05-10-2007, 09:38 AM
I don't watch SG-1 but I've loved RDA since his mullet days of MacGyver...so he's my obvious choice. Who cares if he's old enough to be my dad?!Oh my word! the mullet...who can forget that hairdo? Old or not, he does it for me...though I admit to be crushin' on Micheal Shanks a wee bit more. ;)

Cassiopeia
05-10-2007, 09:42 AM
Oh dear, I should have included her in the poll? It didn't occur to me. Sorry perhaps next time we will have a poll on if we think Sam and Rodney (SG-Atlantis) will get together next season. ;)

Novelust
05-10-2007, 10:00 AM
*grumbles* I guess I'm glad they're adding another one, but SGA does't know what to do with the women it's already got.

Cassiopeia
05-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Well I am not saying she will be on SGA next season, I just suspect she will.

newmod
05-10-2007, 11:31 AM
From a purely character perspective, Richard Dean Anderson, from another perspective Ms. Tapping.

I don´t know if you´ve seen this but it may make you laugh, or your blood boil: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6634255.stm?ls

Here´s a quote: "I used to watch Doctor Who and Star Trek, but they went PC - making women commanders, that kind of thing. I stopped watching."

Susan Gable
05-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Love Jack, always thought RDA was hot -- but gotta confess, Shanks has totally gotten better looking as he's aged. So, I had to pick both. :) (I'm fickle, what can I say? <G> )

And I loved last week's episode with the two of them. It was classic.

We're having a farewell Stargate party. :( <sigh> While SGA is pretty good (last week's episode with Rodney the SuperHero was both hysterical and a great character arc for Rodney) it's not the same as SG1.

Hey, Sheryl, we'll have to hope that the Pittsburgh hotel gets SciFi, and sneak off to watch it. (I've found in my travels that most hotels do NOT get SciFi Channel. <sigh> Which means I'll have to wait until after the conference to watch next week's episode.)

Susan G.

Cath
05-10-2007, 05:57 PM
I don´t know if you´ve seen this but it may make you laugh, or your blood boil: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6634255.stm?ls

Here´s a quote: "I used to watch Doctor Who and Star Trek, but they went PC - making women commanders, that kind of thing. I stopped watching."
Well huh. I used to enjoy The Sky at Night, too.

Hmmmff

Sheryl Nantus
05-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Hey, Sheryl, we'll have to hope that the Pittsburgh hotel gets SciFi, and sneak off to watch it. (I've found in my travels that most hotels do NOT get SciFi Channel. <sigh> Which means I'll have to wait until after the conference to watch next week's episode.)

Susan G.

ah, Grasshopper... I have access to a VCR here at home!

so what we'll do is if the hotel doesn't get Sci-Fi I will BRING a copy of the episode (it's titled "Bad Guys", according to Gateworld!) on Saturday and we shall sneak into a conference room with a VCR and watch it!

after all, you ARE one of the big mucky-mucks who's going to be there and have free run... right?

;)

bet we suddenly have a cluster of crazed SG-1 fans around the screen...

:D

MidnightMuse
05-10-2007, 06:09 PM

Then you'll be happy to know she's confirmed for 11 episodes of next season's Atlantis, and possibly more seasons to come. :)

Cassiopeia
05-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Then you'll be happy to know she's confirmed for 11 episodes of next season's Atlantis, and possibly more seasons to come. :)AHA! I knew it! She and Rodney are going to be steaming it up. OH EWWWWWWW! ;) I mean gee whiz...what happened to her and Jack? It just went poof on them, I guess. :(

Susan Gable
05-10-2007, 10:15 PM
AHA! I knew it! She and Rodney are going to be steaming it up. OH EWWWWWWW! ;) I mean gee whiz...what happened to her and Jack? It just went poof on them, I guess. :(

How could anyone toss Jack aside for Rodney? Yuck.

(It was really funny in that recent episode, though, where Sam found out...

SPOILER ALERT!!!! Continue reading at your own risk.

....that she had been married to Rodney for a while in an alternative universe. LOL!)

Susan G.

Sheryl Nantus
05-10-2007, 10:17 PM
How could anyone toss Jack aside for Rodney? Yuck.

(It was really funny in that recent episode, though, where Sam found out that she had been married to Rodney for a while in an alternative universe. LOL!)

Susan G.

"I knew it! You're a lesbian!"

"No... what? NO!"

a thousand slasher hearts broke with that utterance...

:roll:

Cassiopeia
05-10-2007, 10:27 PM
"I knew it! You're a lesbian!"

"No... what? NO!"

a thousand slasher hearts broke with that utterance...

:roll:*spits ice-water all over screen* :ROFL: