Hope I'm in the right place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara Prentis

Hi,
If this isn't the place for the following questions, please let me know where to post it. Thanks. SP

If a manuscript is 80 pages, is it the same amount of pages in a 6x9 novel paperback?

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
If this isn't the place for the following questions, please let me know where to post it. Thanks. SP

If a manuscript is 80 pages, is it the same amount of pages in a 6x9 novel paperback?

Hi Sara,

A 6X9 paperback would be any amount of pages you wanted. For it to be a novel, however, I believe the minimum amount of words your story will need to be, will be somewhere around 50,000 words. If you're using the so-called '250 method' (250 words per page, approximately) that would translate to 200 pages of manuscript. 80 pages is more novella or novelette length than novel length.

I hope this helps, and I hope someone comes along who knows much, much more than I do and can give you a more clear answer.

:)

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
The short answer: It depends.

It depends on the font and font size, the typesetting, the number of lines, etc. Most likely a 6x9 (trade paperback) page has more words than a ms. page (double-spaced courier 12pt with 1" margins).

Status
Not open for further replies.