Any Flashers Out There?

Mukaden

Anyone up for a Flash Fiction prompt?

Here's my challenge:
In a hundred words or less, write a fairy tale, complete with moral.

Mukaden

And so here's mine:

Among friendships in the kingdom, none was as celebrated as that of the Headsman and the Leech. Their presence alone could strike fear in the stoutest of hearts as they toured the provinces, dealing grim punishment in the sovereign's name.

And yet it was noted with admiration that they were never apart. At each beheading, one could be assured of seeing the familiar sight of a wet, black wedge on a thick, hairy shoulder.

When the inevitable question of his choice of companionship would arise, the Leech would invariably respond with mild castigation: "Judge not my friend on his appearance."

Yeshanu

Ooooh! Politics, eh?

I'll give it a try in the next couple of days. :jump

RichMar

Hell, I hate morals, but I'm a good flasher--just ask the NYPD. Anyways, I'll give it a thrust.

bfdc

I may be working on this for awhile.

Once upon a time there lived a hungry goose. He wasn't into grass and stuff like that to eat. He wanted corn and good things. But how to get them? He was only a goose.

Then one day he heard of a goose that laid golden eggs. Since he was a gander, he could not lay golden eggs, nor did he want to.

For a long time, the goose, which was a gander, thought about the golden egg-laying goose and how much he wished he could be so lucky, and he died of weakness and starvation.

The End

msQTpi

(It's longer than 100 words, but here goes anyway)

The pup darted in and out where the older dog was too big to go.

"I can do whatever I want to. You are too old and slow and fat to have any fun."

"You don't even know the meaning of fun. When I was...never mind."

"What? I know...Nothing....you old fart!"

"Whatever..."

"What then old dog? If I did it too, I could tell you all about it and you could live through it again."

The old dog hung his head and pointed to the big rooster...

As he buried the young pup the old farmer thought, "poor lil fellar, never had a chance with that rooster."

Old and treacherous beats youth and vigor every time.

reph

The household appliances talked among themselves.

Vacuum cleaner said, "Master likes me best. He takes me for a walk around the house every week."

Refrigerator said, "No, Master likes me best. He makes sure I have plenty of food."

Television said, "You're both wrong. Master likes me best. He gazes at me for hours."

Security System growled. "If it weren't for me, none of you would be here!"

Moral: It's more important to be necessary than to be liked.

maestrowork

The one-legged peasant said to another one-legged peasant, "Together we could walk!"

To that, the other one-legged man replied, "But who is going to lead?"

Obviously, they never walked together.

Nateskate

Hey Maestro, I never flashed before, and had no clue what a 100 words looked like. So, I limited myself to one page, and found I was way over.

I figured since I failed miserably, and ended up posting it on the writers thread. Then I thought it was the wrong place to put it, but I don't know how to delete threads.

At anyrate, since I bothered to write it, even though it goes over, I thought I'd paste it here for feedback. Honestly, I think I could turn it into a children's story. Here goes:

Kontendra, queen of the eagles, spread her magnificent wings, and took to the sky, headed straight for the darkening storm. The other birds laughed and mocked, especially Jada the dark black storm crow, who passed Kontendra, fleeing in the opposite direction.

Jada mocked, “You fool, who named you queen of the birds, when you show no wisdom, as your folly is taking you to your doom; can’t you see that this is the storm of the century, with terrible winds, and dark foaming clouds, whipping in vengeance? Your wings shall be torn asunder, and your dead carcass shall be thrown to the ground. Then, finally, all will see that I, Jada Stormcrow, am wisest of birds, for at least I know to run from the fury of the storms.”

But Kontendra was not dismayed, nor did she turn back. Instead, she dove into the winds, and there she found what she expected, moving ahead of the storm was the most powerful updraft. She did not beat her wings against the winds, but stretched them out wide and firm, and the winds took her effortlessly higher and higher. The updraft, carried her above the darkness, sailing into the sunshine above the clouds, and there she stayed until the fury of the storm had passed.

After the storm, she returned back to her domain, and there she saw Jada Stormcrow, beaten and missing half of her feathers. Jada was astonished, “You are not missing even one feather, and yet, you flew into the fury of the storm.”

Kontendra said, “You have mocked because you do not understand that greater danger awaits those who fear the power of the winds of life, who turn to flee, because it will eventually overcome you. When you understand that the very strength of the winds that come against you, are winds that can be mastered, and winds that can lift you higher than you have ever flown before, fear is replaced with confidence. I turned into the storm, and you ran away, and who now appears to be the fool?”

reph

Nateskate, to delete a post, first you have to log in. Then go to your post and click on "Edit" under your name. A page will come up with the post in a typing window. Delete the contents of the window. (You may type one space to keep a standardized announcement from appearing.) Click on "Edit post" below the window.

Vipersniper

Registered
Reaction score
There was a rooster.

Once upon a time there was a dog and a rooster and the rooster would strut past the dog. Now the rooster was a splendid fellow and the dog just wanted to mind her business. Alas but the rooster had a habit of pecking upon the snout of the dog. He liked teasing her that way as the dog was on a chain. One day the dog was not on her chain and when the rooster got ready to peck. The dog said to herself. There goes one piece of chicken Colonel Sanders ain't going to get. Better check your peck.