You may not hear too much...

smsarber

Coming soon to a nightmare near you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Sleep... Those little slices of Death. How I loath
Well, I won't make this all melodramatic and such, but will begin by saying I am fine, as much as any writer can be. But I will be very limited on my posting for awhile. Aside from the loss of my personal computer (R.I.P., old friend), I was just released from the hospital with pneumonia. It is in the same lung I have had three embolisms, and one 17cm lung abcess previously. Now there is a fairly large chunk of tissue they have to cut out, it is essentially a breeding farm for infection, and is choking out the good lung tissue.

But, as I am fond of saying, I am still vertical. And still sober!

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Sounds like you've had a terrible time of it, Steven but I love your positive attitude. Stay well and keep it up.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yikes! Sorry to hear that Steve. Check in with us whenever you get the chance, even if it's just to let us know you're still vertical.

Take care.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
All I can do for the past several looong moments is sit here, staring at the monitor. Tons of words, yet nothing to string together to make it all go away for you. Guess that's the mom in me: we want to fix everything, smooth the hair off your forehead, pat your back, tell you it's going to be alright simply because we're here.
I think that's what I can do, offer a shoulder, or say something utterly witty to make you laugh--I'll have to confer with Sponge Bob, however, as he's waaay more on the ball than Dr. Phil.

All my best to you. There's a gazillion of us here, so anytime you're down or it's too quiet, be sure to log on. We'll pop up on your screen, into your living room...extending a hand, laughter, or swipe the hair off your forehead, pat you on the back, and tell you it's going to be okay.

karey

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, Steve! It looks like you've gone through quite a bundle. Get well soon, and I look forward to your being able to post more often again.

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're still vertical. Please do keep us posted on how you're doing. Sending good wishes your way--I hope you feel better soon.

My condolences on the death of your computer. As awful as losing one's computer can be (could I live without one, now? Doubt it!) you've set off an amusing line of thinking inside my head. Should we do a line of greeting cards for this sort of occasion? Hold a wake and share remembrances of computers long past?

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(Backing up my laptop right now...) Take care, Steven, and keep us posted on your recovery!

CBeasy

I'm back baby!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Good luck! I too am on the mend and had to cut back posting for a while. I'm only just now able to type well enough to articulate myself properly. Keep up the good attitude and you'll be just fine.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Best of luck. You have a lot of prayers behind you.

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that, Steve. But look on the bright side, time away from the computer can help you focus on your writing. Take care of yourself and stay strong, man.