Men: What kind of smell do you like women to wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiderGal

Princess of Nerds
Registered
Reaction score
A recent research by Mark Kristal, University of Buffalo's psychologist, showed that smell is one of the most important external stimuli (not to mention the internal ones) that lead one to fancy another. I am also sort of researching this, and as part of my project, I would like to know what kind of smell really appeals to men? Roses? Sharp smells? If you invited a woman over, what smell would you like her to wear?

I know men's choices vary greatly, but I am just trying to figure out a "general" favorite.

Thanks!

Source: http://www.physorg.com/news90509995.html

Last edited:

Willowmound

Lightly salted
Registered
Reaction score
I would like to smell the woman, not the perfume. So it should be subtle and accentuate her own smell. Which means there's no one answer. It depends on the girl.

Huwman

Smelly Hair

Hi,

I tend to find that the thing that makes me swoon it the smell of a woman's hair. When it smells right it makes you melt and want to hug her more.

Really sweet or fruity smells are a no-no as they prematurely age a woman and who want's to be reminded of their Nan in those moments? Nothing too strong either. Just a subtle fragrance and nice natural smell.

Also try not to smell like a coconut.

Huw

Gary

Registered
Reaction score
A favorite topic! It's not so much what I like, but what I don't like. I hate the new fragrances that I like to call "high-tech". They don't just smell, they race across the room, rocket up your nose and burrow into your brain. They make a woman smell like a chemical factory. I'm more attracted to the smell of burning jet fuel than most modern perfumes.

I'm really turned on by natural, floral fragrances, but done lightly. If I detect a light smell of lilac, I'll search the room for the source. The woman wearing it has my undivided attention.

There is only one modern fragrance I like, and that is Eternity...applied lightly.

SpiderGal

Princess of Nerds
Registered
Reaction score
Good replies. "Natural" seems to be in. Hmm..Take note, women.:)

newmod

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I´d go for natural, and just out of the shower is good. I can´t stand the perfume/cigarettes combination, terrible.

Also, as I have a good sense of smell so most perfumes literally get up my nose.

Parkinsonsd

Registered
Reaction score
The perfume smell gets obnoxious.

The way she smelled when she just woke up. Her hair was toussled, her eyes a little puffy, but she woke with a smile and her body smelled feminine.

Yeah, I wish she would have brushed her teeth though. Her breath was rank.

The Grift

Tom Swiftly's Favorite Adverb
Registered
Reaction score
a) It can't be overpowering...meaning whatever it is, don't bathe in it.

b) Honestly, as long as its not pungent, whatever makes HER feel attractive. A woman who FEELS sexy will project that...and that...well, that's just super.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
I think this is one of those unanswerable questions. Scent is such an individualized thing.

Good perfumes and colognes have phases they go through. The initial one is the strong scent that many complain about but the thing is that the chemicals then combine with a person's own body chemicals to produce a personal unique scent.

I have no idea what type of smell or perfume I like. All I know is if it works or not.

Honestly, as long as its not pungent, whatever makes HER feel attractive. A woman who FEELS sexy will project that...and that...well, that's just super.
I think that's a large part of the answer to what types of perfumes/smells men like.

The body gives off pheromones and perfumes enhance that process. I think that the pheromones produced can be greatly affected by factors such as emotion, stress and even diet, among other things.

So a large part of what attracts a man will naturally have to do with how the woman feels about herself (I believe this goes both ways too - as in men and cologne and woman being attracted.)

It's no lie that confidence is one of the greatest aphrodisiacs...

pconsidine

Too Adorkable for Words
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pjcopy.com
I don't generally like a smell until someone I like smells like it. It's all about association.

Speaking of which, funny story -

My first girlfriend had a perfume she used to wear all the time (Shalimar, I think it was). After we broke up, I didn't smell it again and pretty much forgot all about it. Two years later, I was on a bus on Boston on my way to work when I caught a whiff of that scent. Naturally, I had only ever smelled it on one person before, so my initial thought was "what the hell is Heather doing in Boston?" I looked around and tried, as subtly as possible, to figure out where she was.

It turned out that it was a 350 pound black woman sitting behind me.

(For the record, Heather was a little 90 pound Italian girl.)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Something light, fresh. Just a little goes a long way.

The only one I remember specifically is Cinnabar (sp?) that a girlfriend used to wear. I liked that.

popmuze

Last of a Dying Breed
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing gets to me like the smell of a lit cigar, circa Madison Square Garden, 1957.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Smell

I find cheap perfume stinks, but most of the really expensive perfumes are wonderful, if not used to excess.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
I asked my husband what his favorite smell on me was, and he thought about it for a minute. Finally, he said that when I've been outside planting or digging in the garden or doing yardwork, he likes the way I smell then.

I don't know if he means it sincerely, or if he just wants me to go cut the grass.

pconsidine

Too Adorkable for Words
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pjcopy.com
Oh! I just remembered the smell I love the most -

Warm hair smell. Like, the top of a woman's head when she's been out in the sun.

Mmmm...:)

Steve W

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not a big perfume fan. And I loathe anything overpowering, whether scent, candles, health food stores... can't stand it. So, my choice would be either no scent at all or something extremely subtle. As for the actual smell -- hey, I'm a guy, you think I'm going to take so much notice that I remember what I like?!

Cheers,
Steve

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
I asked my husband what his favorite smell on me was, and he thought about it for a minute. Finally, he said that when I've been outside planting or digging in the garden or doing yardwork, he likes the way I smell then.

Interesting. A combination of dirt and sweat. You could call it Mud Wrassler.

Status
Not open for further replies.