The Best Show Not Available on DVD!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Virginian; the early ones with Lee J. Cobb. Last time I looked it wasn't available.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a fan, but Third Watch is being considered for a 2008 release.

I'm waiting for (don't laugh) The Mod Squad. Since the death of Tige Andrews, it's on the consideration list for late 2007.

E.G. Gammon

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a TV freak and a DVD collector so there are TONS of shows I'd like released on DVD, but to narrow it down to one would be too difficult.

I agree about Third Watch; I'd love to have that show on DVD.

And Storyteller5, I think we ALL want The Wonder Years released on DVD, but the music costs will definitely be the problem that keeps it from ever being released. Honestly, I'd rather have no set at all as opposed to music replacements; the show wouldn't be the same without the original music. We wouldn't want a repeat of the whole WKRP in Cincinnati fiasco.

Here's another question: What shows do you all OWN on DVD?

facsmth

Registered
Reaction score
Hehe. I have VHS tapes which I recorded off the TV of Peter Pan and the Pirates. The quality is terrible because of my bad reception or something...

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
Not a TV show but a movie: The Pirates of Penzance, with Kevin Kline, Linda Ronstadt, Rex Smith, Angela Lansbury, and a cast of worthies. Oh yeah, and a really good DVD of Things To Come (not that muddy public domain crap version).

Oh yeah, TV? One Step Beyond, hosted by John Newland. Scared the liver out of me when I was a kid.

Novelust

*Does not molest books.
Registered
Reaction score
MTV's The State.

'Damn this Sideways House!'

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can think of two shows off the top of my head that deserve to be on DVD and aren't.

The Man from Uncle
The Magician starring Bill Bixby

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. is due out on DVD this year, probably last quarter :)

CoriSCapnSkip

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Going through my old posts, bumping this up to say that Laramie Seasons 3 and 4 are now on DVD, at last.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
First thing that popped into my head when I saw the title:

The Wonder Years

Hands down. And we'll never see that one on DVD because of the music industry.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to this thread, I discovered that some of the ancient TV shows (Quark--am I the only one who remembers it?) are finally available on DVD. Huzzah! Now I can truly annoy the spit out of my housemate. :D

CoriSCapnSkip

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
First thing that popped into my head when I saw the title:

The Wonder Years

Hands down. And we'll never see that one on DVD because of the music industry.

Darn those bastards! They ruined some of the best scenes in Quantum Leap. Viewer is SOL unless they videotaped the original broadcast.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
A series called The Boy From Space. It was a children's programme and it scared the living shit out of me. I don't know why in God's name they thought it was appropriate for six- and seven-year-olds. It was about this creepy alien boy who talked backwards (looooong before Twin Peaks) and another alien called The Thin Man who was chasing him. It's not even on YouTube which probably means it was the BBC because it's really pissy about YouTube. I'd probably watch it now and think it's rubbish, but the six-year-old in me would quite like some aversion therapy. :)

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
One Step Beyond, Batman, and of course El Chavo Del Ocho:

1200693270_vecindario-chavo.jpg

Wavy_Blue

Adventure is out there!
Registered
Reaction score
I have to agree with the Wonder Years posters.

Also, I want to see my old school 80s cartoon Alvin and the Chipmunks released on DVD. Not the collection DVDs, but the actual seasons. And if Disney would just finish releasing Gummi Bears...sniff...

Also, Digimon.

Kathleen42

crushing on fictional characters
Registered
Reaction score
Blackpool released in a format that will play on my DVD player. Same goes for season two of Bad Girls.

I'd also like additional seasons of WKRP and a re-release of season one with the original music because I want to watch Johnny singing along to "Caravan" by Van Morrison.

As for E.G. Gammon's question, I have: Wonderfalls; Dead Like Me season 1; Freaks and Geeks; Spaced; Doctor Who series 1, 2, 3, 4; Torchwood series 1 & 2 + Children of Earth, Firefly; Buffy the Vampire Slayer seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5; Dark Angel seasons 1 & 2; Lois and Clark seasons 1 & 2; Veronica Mars seasons 1 & 2; Dark Angel seasons 1 & 2; WKRP season 1; The Tick (live action); Gilmore Girls seasons 1 & 2; The Catherine Tate Show series 1; Fruits Basket; His and Her Circumstances

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
MTV's Daria... back when MTV actually had something watchable. Perhaps not the best, but I really loved the depth of the show and the main character and her dark humor.

Kathleen42

crushing on fictional characters
Registered
Reaction score
MTV's Daria... back when MTV actually had something watchable. Perhaps not the best, but I really loved the depth of the show and the main character and her dark humor.

MTV's Downtown was pretty ace, too. Great animation, awesome characters, and funny.