PDA

View Full Version : The Best Show Not Available on DVD!

CoriSCapnSkip
05-08-2007, 01:39 PM
Laramie.

Absolutely. No contest. Vote for it, or any other show you'd like to see on DVD, by registering here: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newuser.cfm

Serenity
05-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Third Watch. Been waiting for a while for this one.

alleycat
05-08-2007, 02:14 PM
The Virginian; the early ones with Lee J. Cobb. Last time I looked it wasn't available.

MidnightMuse
05-08-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm not a fan, but Third Watch is being considered for a 2008 release.

I'm waiting for (don't laugh) The Mod Squad. Since the death of Tige Andrews, it's on the consideration list for late 2007.

Storyteller5
05-08-2007, 07:04 PM
The Wonder Years.

Releasing it on DVD would make my DH happy. :)

ChaosTitan
05-08-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm not a fan, but Third Watch is being considered for a 2008 release.

:hooray: :hooray: :hooray:

Peter Pan and the Pirates.

No, I'm not kidding. :tongue I watched it after school back...oh, around 1991 or so. At first I hated it because they made Tinker Bell talk, but then I loved it. Fun stuff.

E.G. Gammon
05-08-2007, 07:59 PM
I'm a TV freak and a DVD collector so there are TONS of shows I'd like released on DVD, but to narrow it down to one would be too difficult.

I agree about Third Watch; I'd love to have that show on DVD.

And Storyteller5, I think we ALL want The Wonder Years released on DVD, but the music costs will definitely be the problem that keeps it from ever being released. Honestly, I'd rather have no set at all as opposed to music replacements; the show wouldn't be the same without the original music. We wouldn't want a repeat of the whole WKRP in Cincinnati fiasco.

Here's another question: What shows do you all OWN on DVD?

facsmth
05-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Hehe. I have VHS tapes which I recorded off the TV of Peter Pan and the Pirates. The quality is terrible because of my bad reception or something...

Shadow_Ferret
05-09-2007, 07:15 AM
I can think of two shows off the top of my head that deserve to be on DVD and aren't.

The Man from Uncle
The Magician starring Bill Bixby

Gravity
05-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Not a TV show but a movie: The Pirates of Penzance, with Kevin Kline, Linda Ronstadt, Rex Smith, Angela Lansbury, and a cast of worthies. Oh yeah, and a really good DVD of Things To Come (not that muddy public domain crap version).

Oh yeah, TV? One Step Beyond, hosted by John Newland. Scared the liver out of me when I was a kid.

Novelust
05-09-2007, 09:04 AM
MTV's The State.

'Damn this Sideways House!'

MidnightMuse
05-09-2007, 06:30 PM
I can think of two shows off the top of my head that deserve to be on DVD and aren't.

The Man from Uncle

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. is due out on DVD this year, probably last quarter :)

CoriSCapnSkip
01-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Going through my old posts, bumping this up to say that Laramie Seasons 3 and 4 are now on DVD, at last.

BenPanced
01-15-2010, 06:23 PM

The Man from Uncle

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. is due out on DVD this year, probably last quarter :)
It's been out for over a year now. (http://www.amazon.com/Man-U-N-C-L-E-Complete-Robert-Vaughn/dp/B00005JM5Z/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1263565377&sr=8-3)

And I've never watched Laramie, so can't help you there.

James81
01-15-2010, 07:37 PM
First thing that popped into my head when I saw the title:

The Wonder Years

Hands down. And we'll never see that one on DVD because of the music industry.

SirOtter
01-16-2010, 12:22 AM
The Virginian; the early ones with Lee J. Cobb. Last time I looked it wasn't available.

I believe Encore's Western Channel may be running those.

DeleyanLee
01-16-2010, 12:32 AM
Thanks to this thread, I discovered that some of the ancient TV shows (Quark--am I the only one who remembers it?) are finally available on DVD. Huzzah! Now I can truly annoy the spit out of my housemate. :D

CoriSCapnSkip
01-16-2010, 12:47 AM
First thing that popped into my head when I saw the title:

The Wonder Years

Hands down. And we'll never see that one on DVD because of the music industry.

Darn those bastards! They ruined some of the best scenes in Quantum Leap. Viewer is SOL unless they videotaped the original broadcast.

Fran
01-16-2010, 12:55 AM
A series called The Boy From Space. It was a children's programme and it scared the living shit out of me. I don't know why in God's name they thought it was appropriate for six- and seven-year-olds. It was about this creepy alien boy who talked backwards (looooong before Twin Peaks) and another alien called The Thin Man who was chasing him. It's not even on YouTube which probably means it was the BBC because it's really pissy about YouTube. I'd probably watch it now and think it's rubbish, but the six-year-old in me would quite like some aversion therapy. :)

SirOtter
01-16-2010, 01:11 AM
Quark--am I the only one who remembers it?

Absolutely not. I just added it to my Netflix queue. Thanks for the heads up!

maxmordon
01-16-2010, 05:34 AM
One Step Beyond, Batman, and of course El Chavo Del Ocho:

http://www.newwebstar.com/uploads/posts/2008-01/1200693270_vecindario-chavo.jpg

Wavy_Blue
01-16-2010, 10:01 AM
I have to agree with the Wonder Years posters.

Also, I want to see my old school 80s cartoon Alvin and the Chipmunks released on DVD. Not the collection DVDs, but the actual seasons. And if Disney would just finish releasing Gummi Bears...sniff...

Also, Digimon.

Kathleen42
01-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Blackpool released in a format that will play on my DVD player. Same goes for season two of Bad Girls.

I'd also like additional seasons of WKRP and a re-release of season one with the original music because I want to watch Johnny singing along to "Caravan" by Van Morrison.

As for E.G. Gammon's question, I have: Wonderfalls; Dead Like Me season 1; Freaks and Geeks; Spaced; Doctor Who series 1, 2, 3, 4; Torchwood series 1 & 2 + Children of Earth, Firefly; Buffy the Vampire Slayer seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, 5; Dark Angel seasons 1 & 2; Lois and Clark seasons 1 & 2; Veronica Mars seasons 1 & 2; Dark Angel seasons 1 & 2; WKRP season 1; The Tick (live action); Gilmore Girls seasons 1 & 2; The Catherine Tate Show series 1; Fruits Basket; His and Her Circumstances

defcon6000
01-16-2010, 07:28 PM
MTV's Daria... back when MTV actually had something watchable. Perhaps not the best, but I really loved the depth of the show and the main character and her dark humor.

Kathleen42
01-16-2010, 07:38 PM
MTV's Daria... back when MTV actually had something watchable. Perhaps not the best, but I really loved the depth of the show and the main character and her dark humor.

MTV's Downtown was pretty ace, too. Great animation, awesome characters, and funny.

BenPanced
01-17-2010, 06:01 AM
From what I understand, it's been pretty much tied up in Rights Hell because of the music; even when they were showing it on the N, another Viacom network, they had to loop in generic tracks. (The pathetic, unforgivable editing they did because the N is considered a kids' network is another story.)

maestrowork
01-17-2010, 08:51 AM
Dead Set (at least not available in the US)... I got a hold of the British DVD and it was pretty good... [zombies meet Big Brother]