Not open for further replies.

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
My schedule got a bit muzzy the end of March and I dropped the ball.

Any local writers interested in getting together? Mac? I'd love to see who is in the neighborhood! I'm in Portland and would love to host a get together at a local coffee shop or pub - preferably the latter ;) sometime in June.

Maybe I should post this somewhere else in the forum to get the ball rolling.

Lyxdeslic

Laughing every time I choke.
Registered
Reaction score
Count me in. I'm twenty-minutes outside of Portland in North Plains, Or. -- Well, twenty-minutes dependent upon the temperament of the Bermuda Triangle of highways I like to call Hwy 26. :)

Lyx

Foinah

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
Excellent!
I'll have to dig up the other thread and get a hold of the other local writers that posted before.
Mac had mentioned some interest in coming down from Seattle.

I think a pub would be fun - we could get snacks if we were so inclined ;)

I'm thinking Saturday, June 9?

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
Im in Centralia,

I would love to see this happen.

Fingers

My cat Toby
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in the woods around Portland Oregon
I may not do much writing, but as a member I too would like to meet youse guys. The 9th works for me because im going into surgery on the 13th and Im going to be out of circulation for some time after that. Count me in if you will allow it.

WriterInChains

Feed my eyes
Registered
Reaction score
Cool! Any thoughts on where you'd like to meet? *head spinning thinking of cool brewpubs* :D

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I hate to bust this bubble, but many AW'ers have tried for years to set up a place to meet and it's always been a bust. There are threads about the great AW meeting that never took place.

Sorry, I just don't see it happening. I know this is bad news, just don't kill the messenger.

Maybe Mac or someone could have a page for local group meets? I think that trying to get people from all over the states will be difficult.

I vote for a page where locals can meet and exchange stories. Who else shares this idea?

WriterInChains

Feed my eyes
Registered
Reaction score
So far, it sounds like we're all within about 50 miles of each other. Those other threads were much more ambitious -- if we're both thinking of the same ones.

If it happens, it happens; if I'm the only one who shows up, I'll just have to drink beer for everyone. :)

Foinah

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
I hate to bust this bubble, but many AW'ers have tried for years to set up a place to meet and it's always been a bust. There are threads about the great AW meeting that never took place.

Sorry, I just don't see it happening. I know this is bad news, just don't kill the messenger.

Maybe Mac or someone could have a page for local group meets? I think that trying to get people from all over the states will be difficult.

I vote for a page where locals can meet and exchange stories. Who else shares this idea?

Ummm, that's what this is. People who are in or around Portland, or are willing to drive an hour or so to get here.
Did ya read the thread? ;)

Saturday June 9th it is! Location to be determined depending on how many people we can drum up. Maybe a brunch or something simple at a local brew pub. These places also serve NA beverages so those what don't imbibe won't feel left out.

I'll send an IM to Mac to see if she's interested in joining our merry adventure! Woohoo!

Last edited:

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
I've sent an IM to Mac...

This will be fun!!! I can't wait to meet you local hooligans ;)

I have tried for years to qualify for Hooligan status but *shrug* I'm completely, boringly normal

Oh yeah and SPOOKY...yer icon gives me the willies

Lavinia

Registered
Reaction score
Wish I were a bit closer. I'm in the Walla Walla/Dayton/Waitsburg area. Kind of a long trip for one day. Maybe I should host one...we're getting quite a reputation as Wine Country here. But then again, Portland has shopping...hmmmmmm! The timing won't work for me this time, but keep me in mind if you decide to do this regularly! Great idea!

Lavinia

Foinah

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
Wish I were a bit closer. I'm in the Walla Walla/Dayton/Waitsburg area. Kind of a long trip for one day. Maybe I should host one...we're getting quite a reputation as Wine Country here. But then again, Portland has shopping...hmmmmmm! The timing won't work for me this time, but keep me in mind if you decide to do this regularly! Great idea!

Lavinia

Walla Walla wines are the yummiest!!!!!!!! The hubby and I enjoy a bottle frequently ;)

Maybe we'll do it out your way next time!

And Robeiae...of course you're close enough. Portland is just a hop, skip, and a jump away! I have a lovely guest room filled with all manner of Red Sox paraphernalia and a mini bar. Woohoo!!!

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
ANything going on with this?

I did this once with a Seattle group i chatted with. We kept it up for 5 years and I made some awesome friends.

Its fun to put faces to screen names. Quite surprising too!

Foinah

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
Mac confirmed and said she's up for it.

Now we're just scouting locations ;)

Can't wait to meet you guys!

Saturday June 9th here in Portland.

Figuring at 1:00 - that gives people time to drive down and drive back - we could have a late lunch or just appetizers if people are so inclined.

Sound good? If there's a time conflict, let me know.

I love it when a plan comes together!

I'll PM everyone who's posted an interest in the meet and greet the final info!

Cheers!

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
Mac confirmed and said she's up for it.

Now we're just scouting locations ;)

Can't wait to meet you guys!

Saturday June 9th here in Portland.

Figuring at 1:00 - that gives people time to drive down and drive back - we could have a late lunch or just appetizers if people are so inclined.

Sound good? If there's a time conflict, let me know.

I love it when a plan comes together!

I'll PM everyone who's posted an interest in the meet and greet the final info!

Cheers!

Thats great :) Thanks!

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I'm definitely up for it, and trying to cajole some of our west coast friends to fly in and make an evening of it, too. Dawno? Medievalist? Batgirl? Evan? Lucy? Anyone else?

Deleted member 42

I might manage Portland. I'm rather fond of Stanfords, personally. Henry's is near enough to Powells that we could walk, and they're nice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.