PDA

View Full Version : Hot Fuzz

maestrowork
05-08-2007, 02:13 AM
If you really want to have a jolly good time at the theater, instead of flocking to see Spider-Man, go see Hot Fuzz, brought to you by the same people who did Shaun of the Dead. Hilariously silly movie. It started with one expectation and ended up something else. Thumbs up! (the movie is rated R for comic violence and gore, and language)

ChunkyC
05-08-2007, 02:39 AM
I've been hearing good things about this one. Hope to heck they bring it to the local screen this week instead of Delta Farce. :)

maestrowork
05-08-2007, 04:14 AM
You wouldn't be disappointed.

Uncarved
05-08-2007, 04:16 AM
Shaun of the Dead was a scream and I loved the characters. I wanted to see Hot Fuzz from the first trailer of it I saw.
I'm definitely there;)

Cath
05-08-2007, 04:20 AM
Hubby and I both grew up in towns a lot like the one in Hot Fuzz. (He has the accent too! Sometimes)

I was doubled over and weeping with laughter more than once during the film -- I loved it!

Novelust
05-08-2007, 04:21 AM
Saw this two weeks ago. What a great time -

"I'm a slasher! Of prices!"

Bmwhtly
05-08-2007, 12:17 PM
From Spaced to Shaun to Fuzz, that team seem to have the golden touch.

And it is fantastic to see Tim Dalton back in British Film.

Jog On.

seun
05-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Agreed. It's a great film. And Dalton was superb. I expected him to give an evil genius sort of laugh every time he was on screen.

Bmwhtly
05-08-2007, 02:52 PM
If anyone is one the fence about seeing it, there is a trailer for it here (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hot-Fuzz-Simon-Pegg/dp/B000IOM9VQ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/203-7652678-9456764?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1178621315&sr=8-1).

Petroglyph
05-08-2007, 04:28 PM
It's on my to see list. The only thing on that list, actually! Now all I need is a few hours...

Bmwhtly
05-24-2007, 06:04 PM
I just thought I'd let y'all know something interesting that I heard on the radio today.

As you may know the Cannes film festival is going on. So the radio's "Entertainment" reporters are drifting about over there interviewing anyone they recognise.

They cornered Quentin Tarantino and asked him about his favourite films of the year so far.
Guess what one of them was?
Well, since this is the Hot Fuzz thread you can probably guess.
Yup, he said Apocalypto was a masterpiece and that this was the most enjoyable film to watch.
Just in case anyone's interested.

Bmwhtly
06-04-2007, 07:03 PM
*Dances through singing "One Week To Go"*

Bmwhtly
06-06-2007, 11:25 AM
*Strolls through with a spring in his step, whistling 5 Day's to Go*

rosebud1981
06-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Hot Fuzz definitely has some funny moments but overall I wouldn't call it a fantastic movie. I found parts of it to be a bit slow moving to tell the truth.

Still much better than Spiderman 3 though ;)

Bmwhtly
06-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Hot Fuzz definitely has some funny moments but overall I wouldn't call it a fantastic movie. I found parts of it to be a bit slow moving to tell the truth.

Still much better than Spiderman 3 though ;)
Well, It's not wuite as good as Shaun of the Dead. But it is still the mutts nuts.

Besides, what else have I got to look forward to?

(4 days to go)

Sophia
06-10-2007, 02:19 PM
The DVD arrived yesterday and we watched it last night. I thought it had an excellent script, with all the little character nuances and little throwaway mentions of people and things tying up brilliantly by the end. The DVD has a lot of good extra features, including a subtitle track that explains the research that led to particular lines of dialogue, which was really interesting from a writer's perspective. We're fans of Simon Pegg anyway and love Spaced, Shaun of the Dead, etc. but even with high expectations Hot Fuzz didn't disappoint. Really great stuff.

nancy02664
08-22-2007, 03:51 AM
I saw this last night -- hilarious.

Gravity
08-22-2007, 06:02 AM
As the tall bald psycho said, "Yarp!"

(in other words, HF is fall down funny)

Jerm
08-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Picked Hot Fuzz up a few weeks ago when it hit DVD. I wanted to see Hot Fuzz at the theatre but it never came to town which was very disappointing. Like most of us I loved Shaun of the Dead so was very excited about their followup Hot Fuzz.

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost were once again very enjoyable. I had pretty high expectations for Fuzz after seeing Dead though and it didn't quite live up to them.

I think there was room for improvement but overall it's a good flick and will quickly join the cult classic status. Definitely worth the rental and you will certainly have to watch more than once just to catch everything and all the dialogue.

Lyra Jean
08-22-2007, 06:27 PM
The movie was awesome. I love it and Shaun of the Dead. I haven't seen the other one yet.

maestrowork
08-22-2007, 06:58 PM
I think it's the funniest movie this year, better than all those American comedies combined.

plaidearthworm
09-02-2007, 08:03 PM
We watched it last night and loved it! Very funny movie, and it was thought out much more than traditional American action comedies. Haven't ever seen Shaun of the Dead, because I don't do zombie movies. Even if they're funny. But in Hot Fuzz, I loved seeing so many British character actors that I've come to know over the years.

Shadow_Ferret
09-03-2007, 02:36 AM
I think it's the funniest movie this year, better than all those American comedies combined.
No fair commenting again in your own critique thread, Ray.

I saw it last week, and personally? I think it's the funniest movie this year, better than all those American comedies combined.

badducky
09-03-2007, 03:00 AM
Wonderful, hilarious movie.

I don't think the plot stands up quite as thoroughly as Shaun of the Dead.

The Catsup thing in the eye, and then again later is a little fuzzy. Why did he walk around with catsup waiting just for this opportunity? Huh? That wasn't made adequately clear. Also, the disbelief by one particular character in between the catsup salvation and the total, full-on shoot-'em-up awesomeness was not quite pulled off.

However, even with one minor plot quibble from a veteran quibbler, I have to say this movie is absolutely fan-damn-tastic and hands down the best action movie, comedy, and horror flick I've seen all year, all rolled into one.

At this point, if this production/writing/acting team decided to do a re-make of Godfather III, I'd be the first one in line waiting for my ticket, reviews-be-darned!

Ageless Stranger
09-03-2007, 03:10 AM
Jesus christ, I could hardly believe it when I saw it. A good british film. Hot fuzz is hilarious and if you like it I recommend Spaced, a tv show by the same people.

Rainy Night
09-03-2007, 03:36 AM
I watched it last night. Funniest movie I've seen in a long while.

Shadow_Ferret
09-03-2007, 04:06 AM
W
The Catsup thing in the eye, and then again later is a little fuzzy. Why did he walk around with catsup waiting just for this opportunity? Huh? That wasn't made adequately clear. Also, the disbelief by one particular character in between the catsup salvation and the total, full-on shoot-'em-up awesomeness was not quite pulled off.

Sometimes you pick the strangest things to pick on. It's a comedy. Catsup is funny. Ergo...

My-Immortal
09-06-2007, 06:07 AM
I just watched it earlier today. Very funny movie....makes me want to see Shaun of the Dead...(I haven't seen it yet).

(should I have not admitted that 'out loud'?)

:)

maestrowork
09-06-2007, 06:16 AM
I just watched it earlier today. Very funny movie....makes me want to see Shaun of the Dead...(I haven't seen it yet).

(should I have not admitted that 'out loud'?)

You poor thing...

My-Immortal
09-06-2007, 08:11 AM
You poor thing...

I know...there are quite a few (good) movies I haven't seen yet....

....but I'm trying. :)

<adding Shaun of the Dead to my must-see movie list>