PDA

View Full Version : Lucky You, yes you; with the poker face

talkwrite
05-08-2007, 02:04 AM
I saw Lucky you on Friday and Thank God I play poker(~ or try to) or I would never have figured out most of the exchanges. There is a lot of unexplained game win/loss terminology that shows risk and threats to our hero. I wonder how it will do in the river....:D I rate it PG - Pretty Good: He's cute, she's funny and it's pretty true to life.

katiemac
05-08-2007, 02:05 AM
I was wondering about this film. Not my cup of tea anyway, but it's been sitting on the studio shelves for 2 years. So, glad someone liked it!

maestrowork
05-08-2007, 02:11 AM
It was funny to me because the film was slated for an earlier release and the preview marketed it as a father-son drama (about poker players) with a dash of romance in it. But then they delayed the release, and the new previews depicted it as a romantic comedy! They almost completely took the Robert Devull plot out of the previews, and focused almost entirely on Bana and Barrymore. I bet their figured out their target male audiences wouldn't care, so they'd rather market it to the women as a romcom.

ChunkyC
05-08-2007, 02:48 AM
You've summed up what I've heard about it, talkwrite. Basically, if you're not into the poker scene, you'll be left scratching your head wondering what's going on.