PDA

View Full Version : First Kiss

Zoombie
05-07-2007, 05:07 AM
How was your first kiss? What went through your mind? Was it a flip or a flop? Did it light your hair on fire, or were you left completely disappointed? And most importantly, did you bump noses?

Ol' Fashioned Girl
05-07-2007, 05:26 AM
I was in a phone booth at a roller skating rink when I was, oh... in fifth grade. 10 or so? Didn't bump noses, but I wasn't really too impressed, either. :)

Chumplet
05-07-2007, 05:34 AM
Mine must have been a disappointment, because I don't remember it.

Sassee
05-07-2007, 05:50 AM
Both of us sucked badly. Lots of slobber. Little feeling. I saw everyone in movies close their eyes, so I closed mine, but then i peeked and realized he was looking anyway.

Very underwhelming. Took me a while to get a hang of it and actually start enjoying kisses.

sunna
05-07-2007, 06:02 AM
We were in fourth grade, and it wasn't at all my idea (I was in fact extremely surprised), but the teacher dragged me out of the room by my ear anyway. For the next seven grades or so we fought like cats and dogs.
Ah, young love...;)

wyntermoon
05-07-2007, 06:03 AM
He was blond, tall and had smelly breath. Scotty cornered me at the roller rink and laid one on me. ;)

Higgins
05-07-2007, 06:22 AM
How was your first kiss? What went through your mind? Was it a flip or a flop? Did it light your hair on fire, or were you left completely disappointed? And most importantly, did you bump noses?

Wow...thanks for the memories.

We were hiding in a kind of semisubterranean basement. It was night. People were looking for us. The windows were frosted and cars kept pulling up outside the school and weirdly illuminating the scene. We were sort of lost. Our escape had taken us to an unknown part of an unfamilar school at night. We had escaped everyone and the chaperons to get off together.
People wandered around calling our names for quite some time. We both said very funny things and were sure our smothered laughs were going to get us caught. Then we had to come up with an excuse and so we snuck away and got ice cream....I guess our eyes had gotten dark-adapted with all that kissing and we were miraculously able to elude all normal humans.

Then we came back with ice cream. What a girl. Joan. beautiful big brown eyes...She had the most beautiful scar on her chin that I have ever seen. And her night vision was as good as mine. And she liked ice cream too.....Oh and I was shocked that tall skinny girls were so small really. She ran well too and could move as quietly as me.

I was 14 and she was 13. I think she had kissed a lot before and that was probably a good thing.
The sensation was unexpectly overwhelming though. Fortunately we had to do things like cling to each other in mock terror...it was startling how we could not let go of each other. I don't remember much else except that we were sort of intoxicated for hours afterward. I remember looking into her eyes as my vision adapted after a car shut off its lights right outside. A strange floating sensation at that moment.

I haven't thought about Joan in about 40 years.

Oh...no nose bumping and I have no idea what was going through my mind....but I think it went well. We went to different schools. but we met occasionally afterward... but I crashed her high school prom years later with a Very Strange Girl (VSG...who I was supposed to have paid some cash to...come to think of it...) and that was the last time I saw Joan. ie when I was dancing with her in the Spring long ago. Then I went to college and that was that. Except that, now that I think about it, the VSG probably had a thing for Joan too. Now, many decades later it is all becoming clear.

Writer2011
05-07-2007, 06:24 AM
I was eleven--this cute girl lived two houses down from us--We'd known each other a looong time but it didn't happen for a few years...

We were in her bedroom, and well it sorta happened--I loved the feeling of it :)

L M Ashton
05-07-2007, 07:05 AM
I was fifteen, and the guy was a friend of my older brother's, who was 21. The guy kissed me, me being a comletely unwilling participant. Then he shoves his tongue down my throat, all while I'm protesting. Given that I'm so severely jailbait and unwillling, how was this the least bit appropriate?

Ew!!!!

Gross. Disgusting. And gross.

Zoombie
05-07-2007, 07:18 AM
Well thanks for all the responces. I feel like I'm being left out of the loop, being 17 and never even gotten close to a first kiss.

Oh well. I suppose I'll just keep looking around for Mrs. Right.

Or at least Mrs. Acceptable.

Higgins
05-07-2007, 07:32 AM
Well thanks for all the responces. I feel like I'm being left out of the loop, being 17 and never even gotten close to a first kiss.

Things were much easier long ago. You could walk or bike all over. Nobody really tried to supervise 14-year-olds at all. Me and my ilk (or my ilk and I) had a propensity to turn up at amateur theatricals and literary magazine editing meetings what not just for the parties or to be a human prop. There was nothing to do if you were a kid but wander around town and nobody cared. I also had plenty of sisters. Nothing is more socially advantageous to a kid than sisters.

JamieFord
05-07-2007, 07:50 AM
We were 16--on her doorstep after a homecoming dance. She in a shimmery blue dress. Me in my first tux. Very sweet and simple. I drove home in the cold and rain with my car windows rolled down feeling like I'd climbed Mt. Everest without oxygen. I was madly in love with this girl.

I worked as a busboy back then and went to work the next day walking on air. All the waitresses thought I'd lost my virginity!

L M Ashton
05-07-2007, 08:05 AM

One of my best friends got her first kiss when she was in her late 20s. She ended up marrying the guy, never having kissed anyone else. She definitely does not feel like she missed out on anything - she's got an incredibly terrific guy.

Zoombie
05-07-2007, 08:09 AM
That's heartening.

Southern_girl29
05-07-2007, 08:27 AM
My first kiss was in the seventh grade. We were at the football homecoming dance. I was dancing with this guy I had known since kindergarten. They played the song "Angel Eyes" by the Jeff Healy band. He told me he thought the song could have been about me. He leaned in and lightly kissed me on the lips. It was great.

My first "grown-up" kiss occurred when I was 16 and on my first real date ever. The guy opened the car door for me and leaned down to get something out of the floorboard. As he threw it over the back, he leaned in and kissed me, tongue and all. I wasn't expecting it and jumped a foot. When he got back in the car, he breathed a sigh of relief and said that he wanted to kiss me but was afraid I'd slap him but then decided to do it anyway. I said I didn't mind, and he kissed me again. We went on to date for two years.

Pat~
05-07-2007, 08:52 AM
I think I've shared this before on the forum. I was in 5th grade and Timmy had invited himself over for the afternoon. He planted one on me by surprise out in the back yard, and I turned the hose on him.

PastMidnight
05-07-2007, 12:51 PM
I was in 9th grade. I don't remember bumping noses, but I think that I closed my eyes. He tried to go right for the tongue. Gross! I had no idea that people kissed with their tongues. I ended up dating the guy for a few more months, but never really had a kiss from him that lit my hair on fire. I thought they were all pretty slobbery and gross, but I figured that was just how kisses went. I was very disappointed for some time.

Inky
05-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Always wondered about women in movies tilting their head back, the man kissing their neck....oh yeah..it's a natural reaction. Met a bad boy. Bad boys are ALWAYS the best as your first for ANYTHING. THAT macdaddy made mi' toes curl, yes my legs trembled, oh..and you CAN get pregnant in a pool! I now have a 24 year old to prove it. hehehehe. I guess you can say, that kiss knocked mi' pants off!
Oh oh oh oh...that kiss made a splash...okay..I'll stop. No, wait..one more...puts a whoooole new meaning in 'wet willie'..heheheehe...hey! No throwing your shoe!!!

smallthunder
05-07-2007, 05:42 PM
I was 14 or 15, and he was a "college man" ... oh, ok, "college boy" ... but as he was 19, I certainly was impressed.

We met at summer camp -- he was a counselor, I was the nurse's aid in the infirmary.

I don't remember the kiss as much as the post-kiss -- he said, "We'll have to work on that."

:Lecture:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

In retrospect, maybe he was joking. Maybe he wasn't joking, and was just a jerk. I hope someday to run into E.H. again, so I can ask him WHAT WAS HE THINKING?!

All I know is that I dreaded the end of our dates because I felt like I was going to have a pop quiz -- and I was failing "Kissing 101"!

[I used to pray for an emergency at the infirmary, so I could dash away without having time for the pop quiz.]

:scared:

WishWords
05-07-2007, 08:29 PM
I was in kindergarten and this boy kept bugging me during nap time to kiss him. I finally gave him a peck on the lips so that he'd shut up and leave me alone. One of his friends told the teacher that I'd kissed a boy. She came over and spanked me without any warning then dragged me out of class. I threw things at him during recess after that.

I don't remember my first grown up kiss. I know it was when I was in the 7th grade, but not much more.

Stew21
05-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Pavilion at the waterfront park. His name was Jeff. It was a quick little unexpected peck of a kiss and nothing spectacular. I thought, "this is what all the fuss is about?" He wasn't my boyfriend, I don't remember particularly liking him, come to think of it, I can't tell you what possesed him to kiss me, and what made me refrain from punching him after.

Steve W
05-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Hi,

What went through my mind? 'Wow! I'm kissing a girl. I'm actually kissing a girl. ME!'

What was it like? Great. But sloppy - wet.

Bump noses? No.
Cheers,
Steve

Stew21
05-07-2007, 08:40 PM
I was 14 or 15, and he was a "college man" ... oh, ok, "college boy" ... but as he was 19, I certainly was impressed.

We met at summer camp -- he was a counselor, I was the nurse's aid in the infirmary.

I don't remember the kiss as much as the post-kiss -- he said, "We'll have to work on that."

:Lecture:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

In retrospect, maybe he was joking. Maybe he wasn't joking, and was just a jerk. I hope someday to run into E.H. again, so I can ask him WHAT WAS HE THINKING?!

All I know is that I dreaded the end of our dates because I felt like I was going to have a pop quiz -- and I was failing "Kissing 101"!

[I used to pray for an emergency at the infirmary, so I could dash away without having time for the pop quiz.]

:scared:

:) this reminds me. I dated a guy in high school for a short time. I had known him for a very long time, he didn't live in my town, but nearby. I was so excited to go out with him, he was gorgeous, funny, etc. But the first time he kissed me I thought, "oh this isn't going to work" What a terrible kisser. I kept thinking it would get better. It didn't. Eventually we both sort of figured we just had the wrong "chemistry", though no hard feelings we just weren't "Couple material". I've seen him fairly recently, he's still drop dead handsome, so now I'm left to wonder, did he become a better kisser or is his wife a bad kisser too?

Inky
05-07-2007, 08:54 PM
I was in kindergarten and this boy kept bugging me during nap time to kiss him. I finally gave him a peck on the lips so that he'd shut up and leave me alone. One of his friends told the teacher that I'd kissed a boy. She came over and spanked me without any warning then dragged me out of class. I threw things at him during recess after that.

I don't remember my first grown up kiss. I know it was when I was in the 7th grade, but not much more.
But now, as a grown up, those spankings are quite different, eh?
I'd have taken scissors and glue to that little rat...ooooh...maybe Sybill's in my gene pool..let me go check..oh...sending you points...rep points...hate to hear about that teacher....I know, it was a different time...don't care...you were just a little kid..little little...see? guys. always leading us astray (they are wicked fun though, right?)

VeggieChick
05-07-2007, 09:11 PM
I was 5 when I got my first kiss. My best friend in the whole world was this boy who was 2 months younger than me and lived across the street. I was leaving for a week vacation with my parents and he said to come to his home, that he wanted to give me something. As soon as I walked in, he kissed me. I was so freaked out, I ran home. We were still best friends for many years after that. My first grown up kiss, I was 17. I only dated the guy because I was tired of my friends asking me why I had never dated anyone. He was cute, but there was no chemistry. The kiss didn't do anything for me.

III
05-08-2007, 01:19 AM

I was a late bloomer and then it took me a few more years to realize I'd bloomed. My first kiss was when I was 17. It was nighttime and I was sitting in the front seat of a car with my long-distance "girlfriend" whom I'd flown to see for Thanksgiving. It took us three hours of chatting before we worked up the nerve to kiss, but when we did it was spectactular. I guess we were both natural kissers. We made out for about an hour, softly and tenderly while the radio played quietly and an evening rain shrouded the car. Ahhhhh. I haven't thought about that in at least ten years. Good memory.

Perks
05-08-2007, 01:50 AM
My first kiss was an assault. Leon wore his pajamas to school and pinned me in an alcove at Gunston Hall during a field trip. I was horrified. My second kiss was also an assault. My friend Sheila, the girl with the Hulk-green eyes, planted one on me, without warning, in a tree. I couldn't flinch too grandly or I'd have fallen off the limb. My third kiss was uncomfortable and, I thought, obligatory.

When I was sixteen, I'd had enough of this inferior kissing shit and took matters into my own beak and figured out how to do it right.

Perks
05-08-2007, 01:52 AM
I suppose I'll just keep looking around for Mrs. Right.

I'm thinking Mr. Right or Mr. Acceptable may take issue with that.

Zoombie
05-08-2007, 02:58 AM
Not when I'm done with them they won't.

seun
05-08-2007, 05:02 PM
I was 18 (does that make me a saddo? :D ). She was a friend of a friend I'd met a little while before and flirted with every now and again. We ran into one another in a pub and I ended up walking her home. We kissed outside her house in the dark.
A couple of months later, we were working together. And a couple of months after that, she ruined my life.

Uncarved
05-10-2007, 08:39 PM
I was 18 (does that make me a saddo? :D ). She was a friend of a friend I'd met a little while before and flirted with every now and again. We ran into one another in a pub and I ended up walking her home. We kissed outside her house in the dark.
A couple of months later, we were working together. And a couple of months after that, she ruined my life.

I like how there is SUCH a story there but you just gloss right over it.

citymouse
05-10-2007, 09:44 PM
This how it was for me. I included the scene in my latest novel
C

The two stood gazing into one another’s eyes as Colin reached out his hand, waiting for an eternity counted off in heartbeats, not knowing if Alexandra noticed the gesture, or if she would respond. Then he felt her soft hand slip into his damp palm. He gave an instinctive tug and she inched forward against his chest.
“Your hand is sweaty,” she said.
“I’m sweaty all over…I’m sorry.”
“I think guys are supposed to be hot all over.”
“What about girls?”
“Girls too.”
Colin nuzzled his lips against Alexandra’s slender neck.
“You smell good.”
“Tender Touch.”
“Thanks.”
“No. I mean that’s the name of my perfume.”
Colin’s face clouded an embarrassed red.
“Oh. Sorry.”
“’sokay.” Alexandra giggled as she pressed her lips into Colin’s cheek. Her body trembled ever so slightly. She felt her skin heating up, yearning for that first forbidden touch.
Colin felt his a tightening in his cotton briefs.
His thighs shook like willow trees in a gale.
He thought, It’s now or never.
Boldly, he slipped his hand around Alexandra’s waist. With the other, he cupped her breast.
Alexandra pulled his hand away, yet remained willingly in his arms.
“I think you’re supposed to kiss me first,” she said, as she tilted her head slightly.
“Have you ever deep kissed a guy before?” he asked, dreading the answer.
“No. Never wanted to before.”
“Me neither, I mean, I never deep kissed anybody before…”
They touched lips, allowing their tongues a long moment of pleasure before breaking away.
“Whadya think?” Colin said.
“Good…more,” Alexandra said, pressing herself deeper into Colin’s chest.

Moonbeam
05-14-2007, 04:35 AM
It was the summer I turned 13 and my cousins were throwing a party while their parents were in Europe. We played some game (forgot what they called it) where we had to walk around the backside of the above ground pool and kiss the boy whose turn it was to also be around there. Scott, who was 14, gave me my first "French" kiss. I think my eyes were closed. I seemed to go unconscious during the kiss. I can only remember hearing a lot of sloshing (swapping spit, I guess) and I was oblivous to everything else around me. It seemed endless and I absolutely loved it. I didn't hear anything outside of the kissing, but one cousin told me how another boy (a local snob--son of an owner of several supermarket chains) kept complaining about how long we were taking. He also used to tease me a lot. Jealous little weasel. Forgot all about that jerk.
Anyway, it was a pleasant memory and I have to say I developed quite a skill for it after that.

scarletpeaches
05-14-2007, 04:38 AM
I was sixteen, his name was Geoff, and it was in his car. After he drove me home, I threw up.

Sai
05-14-2007, 04:44 AM
First french kiss? I was 19. I went to see a horror movie with a guy I'd been dating for a month or so. It was a very scary movie, but the scariest part was when he tilted my head over and kissed me.

I pushed him away and told him I wanted to watch the film. Amazingly, we are still going out alomst a year later.

Shady Lane
05-14-2007, 05:20 AM
Hmm...
I sort of had 3.

My first FIRST kiss was when I was four. I was playing hide-and-go seek with my sister and a sixteen-year-old boy from across the street who had a developmental disability. The boy and I were hiding behind some trees while my sister looked for us, and he asked if he could kiss me. I said yes. We kissed for about ten seconds, and he told me not to tell anyone and I said okay.

I generally don't count this one as my first kiss.

The one I do count was just a little peck on the lips. I was thirteen, he was thirteen, and we were backstage at drama camp right before the show. He was the lead guy and I was the lead girl's mother, and I was wearing old makeup and a shawl and I looked absolutely hideous.
We were fooling around, kissing each other on the cheek, and one just landed on my lips.
I was very, very happy. I wanted him to be my boyfriend, but he didn't like me that way and we eventually lost touch.

My first KISS kiss was the next summer. I was fourteen, he was fifteen (in fact, he was a year older than me to the day, which we loved). He was my best friend Adrienne's cousin, I was staying at her beach house, and we went to the beach together to talk one night. We had a very conversation, sweet and romantic, and then he said, "Adrienne was right, you are beautiful," and kissed me. He also said "I love you," which struck me as very strange, as he'd known me for three days, and I almost laughed but sensed it would have been inappropriate.

I didn't really enjoy that kiss because I thought he might push me too far, but I liked him a lot. We dated for two or three months and then he broke up with me. I was pretty heartbroken.

Now he's having some trouble with drugs and recently got arrested, but I talked to him on our birthday and he's still the sweet guy who told me I was beautiful.

Soccer Mom
05-14-2007, 07:38 AM
Chalk me up as another one of the roller rink gals. ;) His name was John and he had gorgeous blue eyes. I was, um, 15 or 16. It was nice and I sort of liked it, but it wasn't earth shaking. I remember thinking it was a little slimy.

wyntermoon
05-15-2007, 06:16 AM
Chalk me up as another one of the roller rink gals. ;) His name was John and he had gorgeous blue eyes. I was, um, 15 or 16. It was nice and I sort of liked it, but it wasn't earth shaking. I remember thinking it was a little slimy.

It's that danged 80s music. We're out there shaking our groove thang and the boys naturally followed. ;)

Gary
05-15-2007, 06:40 AM
I was 14; she was 15 and she initiated it. I'll never forget the thrill, even though 51 years have passed. I still put her in the top 3 kissers I've experienced.

dreamersrequiem
05-15-2007, 11:18 PM
mine was a year ago, actually. i was 16, he was 17, i was very drunk, and managed to tell this girl i barely knew that i'd never kissed a guy. so she found him, and we kissed.
i remember bits of it, but like i said i was drunk.
the thing i remember most clerly was the fact that alkaline trio's song radio was playing in the background (which was my favourite song at the time, it's still one of my favs)

Azure Skye
05-16-2007, 08:56 PM
My first kiss was in the second grade with a blond boy named Tommy. We kissed behind my outhouse. *snort* How romantic. We did it because we were curious. It meant nothing to me, honest.

Jamesaritchie
05-16-2007, 09:51 PM
I was sever, and her name was Rosalie. She had blonde hair down to her waist, I accidentally touched it one day, it shocked me, and I thought I was in love. I still remember that kiss. It still seems a rather mature kiss for kids so young.

There were other pecks along the way, but the first sexual kiss I had, the full-blown deal, came when I was fourteen, and it led to sex. I remember that kiss, as well.

WackAMole
05-16-2007, 09:57 PM
I was 13, scared crapless, he had braces, so did I. I came out of it with a bloody lip but proud that I had FINALLY gotten a real kiss. I remember being annoyed at the spastic inexperienced way he was using his tongue, it felt a bit comical actually, like, "dude, are you cleaning the inside of my mouth or what?"

jennifer75
05-17-2007, 01:37 AM
It was arranged by a friend of mine for me to kiss one of the neighborhood immigrants. His name was Oscar, and not good looking at all but I was 12 and for some reason felt it was time that I'd "learned how" to kiss. Or so my friend thought. I went along with it and agreed to meet him in one night and it was horrible. I remember him coming in, closer and closer until I could feel his whiskery mustache and then there it was, his tongue in my mouth and I had absolutely no idea what to do with it.

We did it again the next day, it seemed a little better.

Within a week we were petting heavily in the laundry room.

WildScribe
05-17-2007, 01:55 AM
I think I've shared this before on the forum. I was in 5th grade and Timmy had invited himself over for the afternoon. He planted one on me by surprise out in the back yard, and I turned the hose on him.

Beautiful.

I was 15, and I was playing spin-the-bottle with one guy and one other girl. Both of us girls had a crush on him. It was an underwhelming kiss... and no, I'm not telling which one of them!

AndreaGS
05-17-2007, 02:45 AM
Hm. I was 14 or 15 and we were playing a game of spin-the-bottle. I remember thinking "that's it?" I'd always thought it would be more exciting or fun. It wasn't until many years later that I found out that's it's only exciting and fun when you really like the person (and they're a decent kisser!).

scarletpeaches
05-17-2007, 02:46 AM
We are talking about first kiss with a person of the opposite sex, right? :e2brows:

Zoombie
05-17-2007, 02:48 AM
Either works.

scarletpeaches
05-17-2007, 02:49 AM
No comment. :e2brows:

Zoombie
05-17-2007, 02:52 AM
Meany.

jennifer75
05-18-2007, 09:20 PM
We are talking about first kiss with a person of the opposite sex, right? :e2brows:

Is there something you want to tell us? :)

RJ_Anderson
05-22-2007, 04:04 AM
We were sitting together on a park bench on a cold November night, cuddling for warmth as much as romance, and I impulsively stretched up to give him a peck on his cheek. He happened to turn his head at just that moment, and my kiss landed on his lips. I was simultaneously thrilled and alarmed, because I really hadn't planned it that way and wasn't sure how he'd take it.

Fortunately for me, he not only forgave my mistake (after teasing me a bit) but suggested we ought to try it again... which we did, and it was lovely. And for the next 24 hours not only was I a complete space cadet, but my lips tingled so much that I could only think I'd rubbed them raw on his beard... but when I talked to him about it in e-mail that night, he told me that his mouth had felt just the same way -- hyper-aware.

For the record, he was 24 and I was 27. Neither one of us had ever kissed anyone before... and neither one of us has kissed anyone else since. (Reader, I married him.)