I'm disappointed in all of you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My computer time is limited due to my move to NY, living with friends, looking for apartment situation, etc.

So, I have a few minutes to log in right now.

I was 100% sure that someone would have started a thread about one of the greatest pieces of current events news we've had in years. Possibly decades.

http://www.itv.com/news/b9e757b298862115dbb571fc40ebfc50.html

Hotel Heiress Paris Hilton has been sentenced to 45 days in prison for flouting a driving ban.
A Los Angeles judge ordered a shocked and tearful Hilton to spend time behind bars after she violated her probation for a previous traffic offence by driving without a valid licence.

There must be a god. Or Karma. Or something.

Frankly, I'm thrilled. No pun intended.

P.S. I really didn't search that hard for the Paris Hilton thread, but after quick perusal, I saw nothin. So, my apologies if I'm disappointed in you wrongly.

Thank you.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
The Paris Hilton big house thread became a fifteen page flame war about lesbian jailhouse sex, celebrity sex videos and paparazzi nipple slip pictures all wrapped up in a discussion under the umbrella of equal rights and women's liberation.

Mac deleted it last night

Where the hell were you?

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Hilton's Defence attorney Howard Weitzman said he would appeal against the decision.

"I am shocked and disappointed at the sentence imposed by the judge. I was equally taken aback by the city attorney's position. To sentence Paris Hilton to 45 days in jail was to me uncalled for, inappropriate, and bordered on the ludicrous. I think she was singled out because she's who she is," he said.

Pffft...she's an adult. Play the cards you're dealt, Snookums, just like the rest of us mere mortals.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
Too bad.

I guess that will be your Heidi Bowl of AW threads.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint, but just because we didn't post about it doesn't mean we didn't notice. We don't really start a thread for every thought that crosses our mind. It just seems that way.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint, but just because we didn't post about it doesn't mean we didn't notice. We don't really start a thread for every thought that crosses our mind. It just seems that way.
Ha! I'm so proud of you for stating the obvious. Paris Hilton is news, granted. So what. Who cares?

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
More interesting was the note about her driving a $190K Bentley.

How can her car be worth two times the cost of my house?

But P.S., I think the ruling is ludicrous. They wouldn't do that to a normal person. 45 days for driving on a suspended license? And why was her license suspended when there was no DUI?

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
But P.S., I think the ruling is ludicrous. They wouldn't do that to a normal person. 45 days for driving on a suspended license? And why was her license suspended when there was no DUI?

She violated her probation. 45 days and $1000 fine are the standard. The judge made it a point not to treat her differently just because she is rich and a celebrity.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
More interesting was the note about her driving a $190K Bentley.

How can her car be worth two times the cost of my house?

She's rich?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the photos of her, after she's done her hair w/ only a warped metal mirror, for viewing.
Sounds like someone is talking from experience. Of course, the metal mirror doesn't always shine the way it did when it was new. :D

eldragon

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
She violated her probation. 45 days and $1000 fine are the standard. The judge made it a point not to treat her differently just because she is rich and a celebrity.
In that case, let me re-phrase: With the overcrowding of jails, and backlogged courts in this country, 45 days in the slammer for driving with a suspended license is ludicrous. No matter who does it.

45 days can ruin alot of peoples lives.

Loss of job, face, you name it. Alot of people are 45 days from being homeless, why put them in jail?

Rant over.

kdnxdr

One of the most important people in the world
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steadydrip.blogspot.com
What's ludicrous to me is HOW MANY people get out of their fines and jail time when they REALLY should be paying the piper after the 10 other times that it happened.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
In that case, let me re-phrase: With the overcrowding of jails, and backlogged courts in this country, 45 days in the slammer for driving with a suspended license is ludicrous. No matter who does it.

45 days can ruin alot of peoples lives.

Loss of job, face, you name it. Alot of people are 45 days from being homeless, why put them in jail?

Rant over.

Sorry, but I disagree. The first punishment was a suspended license. For anyone caught in this you know you've done wrong and should pay the price. A person who then drives on a suspended license and gets caught deserves a little time cooling their heels.

Ruined lives? Geez, who's fault is that in these cases? The same logic could be applied for robbing a store with a squirt gun with the criminal saying 'But I used a toy so I wasn't going to hurt anyone so I shouldn't be punished'.

I know a turd of a human being who goes to jail every 6 months because he won't pay his child support. I say, keep his ass in there for a few years cause a few months doesn't make an impression on him.

So if you don't want your life ruined don't do something to get your license suspended and, if you do, don't drive thinking you won't get more punishment if caught.

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
It won't be so bad for her anyway, they will keep her away from the general population for her own safety, and she most likely won't even have to share a toilet with a roomy.

I'm not a Paris fan, but I feel somewhat sorry for her - jail is no Hilton (sorry couldn't resist that one) and it's bound to be a fairly rude awakening for someone who is just so clueless.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
I wish I were one of her guards. I could use all the extra cash they are going to be getting.

eldragon

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
Hilton had been placed on three years probation earlier this year for pleading no contest to alcohol-related reckless driving after a September 2006 arrest in Hollywood.
She found herself in trouble with the law again in late February, when she was pulled over on Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood for driving without headlights. Police then impounded her brand-new Bentley when they discovered she was driving on a suspended licence.
What is alcohol-related reckless driving? It's not a DUI? DId she cause an accident?

Oh yeah, she had one drink in her system and didn't register drunk enough for a real charge. As if every one of us hasn't had a drink or two in a restaurant and then got behind the wheel.

If she was put on probation for 3-years, why was her license suspended too? Just curious, but that sounds like alot for not being drunk enough to be formally charged.

These aren't high-crimes. I'm, of course, not a Paris Hilton fan. (Few people over the age of 20 are,) and I think these charges are silly.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
quite possibly the most significant day since the berlin wall fell down.

truly magnificent.

thank you judge sauer.

thank you for saving america.

(if only for 40 days)

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I45 days can ruin alot of peoples lives.

Please, spare me. Jail time didn't ruin Martha Stewart. Ms. Hilton would be just fine. Her Bentley will still be there waiting for her -- hopefully in the garage this time. And her socialite friends will be there to throw her a blowout party when she gets out. Lose face? She's done that herself.

So your logic is: If the jail is overflowing, we should just let people go without due punishment. Oh, yes, especially rich debutantes, because, GOD FORBID, it will make them lose face.

Why not let her do anything she damn well please? Maybe she'll learn something from THAT.

Last edited:

FatTire

Who?
Registered
Reaction score
I'll miss her deep commentary on American Pop Culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.